Revell Benledi H-315

First Name
Tony
Thanks for all the positive feedback on the build. Must say I am enjoying building this one, being a realist I will never weather the model like what Ron (& others) will do but hopefully it will turn into a reasonable display model.
Dave is quite right in his comparison between the vessels of this era and the modern ones. Naval architects are probably under pressure from the number crunchers. and there has been a seismic shift in how freight is handled.

Managed to locate this piece of history about Benledi's sister Benwyvis and the third vessel Benalbanach on the Nautilus Union's website. There are differences between Benledi and the other two, the cabin windows and the stern aren't the same. Reading the article there was a fourth vessel yet research shows her to be significantly different. Nevertheless they are all lovely ships which are pleasing to the eye.

https://www.nautilusint.org/en/news-insight/telegraph/ships-of-the-past-benwyvis/

First Name
Tony
Time for a W.I.P. update with the model of this old, yet beautifully styled 1960s cargo vessel. Now on the 'home run', with this one, the remaining work involves cementing more deck cranes, masts, a mast to fabricate, the rigging and the waterslide transfers.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Benledi (26).JPGBenledi (27).JPG

First Name
Tony
Thanks for the positive comments Ron. It is true that the ships of this 1960s period were very well designed with those lovely clean lines. Dave has already shown photographs of what we get today! Not too sure about the on land 'Brutal' architecture of the 1960s period though.

Tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
.... not too sure about the on land 'Brutal' architecture of the 1960s period though.
Tony

I am. 'They' ripped the heart out of Chester City Centre during the '60. And I had to grow up surrounded by the concrete and glass abominations that were built after historic and beautiful buildings were torn down.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Don't you just love "Progress"570..........the ship is looking good Tony, hope to see more progress soon. BTW, will you be doing a dio. of the scene depicted on the postcard? :rolling:

First Name
Tony
Rigging, with EZ line now completed, thanks for the advice with this product Ron. Decals, and possibly flags to add, after these, the final photographs will be added to the completed section.Benledi (30).JPGBenledi (33).JPGBenledi (34).JPGBenledi (32).JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tony
Just caught up with this. You've made a really neat job of this old kit. A kit made in GB - that must be rare.
Jim

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Spot on work and very neat painting, Tony.

I'll write again. She has lovely lines!

Very nice.....

First Name
Tony
Thanks for the good comments, Jim and Ron.
Jim, reading in Thomas Grahams book 'Remembering Revell', their manufacturing plant in GB closed in the mid 1990s, in favour of their German operation. They, came back (to Blighty) in the early 2000s, I must guess at nothing more than an office. Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me will add to this.
Ron, thanks again for the comments, I use the same method of painting as yourself - a brush! Differences occur in that I don't have your skill at weathering and I use masking tape.