Revell customer car ???? Missing parts

L

Laurie

Revell say they have a first class customer care system. If this is first class what is there second class like ?

Amazing. 8 long weeks for a replacement part. What planet are they living on. If it is their fault a missing part (sure it was missing) can you believe that. Even if a part was broken by the model maker 8 weeks. Can only assume they do not want to full fill their obligation and this is the way to deter people with their length of their service time.

Their statement

Please retain this number for your records, and allow 1-2 weeks for processing and delivery of Revell US parts.

Parts for Revell of Germany kits will take longer - up to 8 weeks. :P :p:p

Airfix you are wonderful about a week. :smiling3:

Laurie

L

Laurie

\ said:
Aah that's it! I'm suffering heatstroke!
That is it Patrick. Holiday in Jersey. Love to see you. Lovely and warm even hot but nice sea breezes.

Matter of interest the Islands in the world are taking part in the Island Games. Held two yearly. This time in Jersey. They come from far and wide.

Gotland (Swedish Isle), Greenland, Shetlands and the furthest the Falklands. Every Hotel and Guest House Bed is full. The Island is buzzing a great atmosphere.

Laurie

D

dubster72

I think I'd rather be there than here Laurie - as much as I love London it's not the place to be in summer!

Going back to your OP, I've found Revell to be less than helpful. A very fragile clear part in my 1/32 109 G-6 was broken on the sprue & they said they couldn't replace it as the kit is out of production! The kit is about 3-4 years old! View attachment 113288

clear.png

First Name
Adrian
I know how you feel about the time they take but I have to back them from my point of view, three times now I have had to contact them for replacement decals, the first was my error in wrecking them, the second was for decals for a Queen Mary 2 kit I picked up for 50p, and as some know I'm waiting on decals for my 1:32 Phantom.

Each time they have been aware of the reasons why I need them and each time they send them out free of charge, even though it's my error or cheek asking for ones for a bargain shop purchase.

My only dealing with Airfix was to ask for a missing name sticker from a combo Spitfire and 109 build, yes it arrived faster but with a letter asking for me to send a small donation to help cover future costs, if I had lost it or wrecked it I would have paid but to be asked for money for something that was missing beggars belief in my book.

I'm still waiting for a replacement part for a Dragon model kit and I'm thinking the Revell decals will arrive sooner!!!

Adrian

L

Laurie

\ said:
My only dealing with Airfix was to ask for a missing name sticker from a combo Spitfire and 109 build, yes it arrived faster but with a letter asking for me to send a small donation to help cover future costs, if I had lost it or wrecked it I would have paid but to be asked for money for something that was missing beggars belief in my book.
Yes I was a bit annoyed about that Adrian. About a year ago they even asked for payment before they sent it. Actually I do not mind giving a bit if it is my fault. Problem for them is how do they know if it is their fault as I bet most say the part was missing. Last time I told them I had broken the piece and got it free.

Up to 8 weeks though is a joke. If it takes that long I will have to make the piece myself.

Laurie

L

Laurie

Getting more complicated. Especially remembering that I live in Jersey Channel Isles which is approx 150 miles south of England.

Reply from Revell.

Dear Valued Customer,

Please note that you have ordered a part(s) from a kit produced by Revell Germany. Consequently your order must be filled by the parts department in Germany. It normally takes 4 to 6 weeks for orders to be filled by Germany and returned to the USA. Once the order is in the USA, it will be shipped to you.

Laurie

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Do you want me to order it for you Laurie, I'm only 18,500km from Germany or England, might be quicker :P

L

Laurie

\ said:
Do you want me to order it for you Laurie, I'm only 18,500km from Germany or England, might be quicker :P
But Joe would that not complicate matters ;)

Laurie

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Have to agree with Ade. At least you can get spares.

Getting them from Trumpeter is simply impossible. I won't be buying any more of their kits but I don't suppose it would make any difference if I wrote to them and told them. Of course that includes HobbyBoss and Merit kits, and all the aftermarket stuff too. Oh well. Their loss.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I don't deal with Revell as its to long winded i will stick with airfix my last spare parts order only took two days and i got the whole spure mind you it was only the clear parts