Revell Gorch Fock 1/150

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Another boat! I like boats.

Bought from a well knowm auction site for not much. Revell sent me a replacement set of instructions without argument.

20220127_120220.jpg

Box is battered to a pulp, but amazingly the sprues are intact. No bits detached.

Got the hull together and painted (four coats!). Last coat had an unfortunate dribble in the green which will need sorting. Some very minor flashing but much less than previous I've done. Just a shame that the white plastic is lacking opacity, which means painting inside as well.

I'll put some simple lighting in this one, add some humanity and finally have a pop at some sails. On the whole I'll be doing it per instruction - the real thing is pretty pristene, so just a touch of weathering here and there. I'll maybe pretty up the white plastic to my own eye.

20220222_092544.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH MY GARWD MR Conkers you certainly are a glutten for punishment lol oh look at all thouse sails i would even think twice before i built this but you maneged the last one aditmily with no sails but hopefully this time the sails will go on some nice fine work so far on the hull Sir
ATB TO YOU an looking forward to how this will build an no talk please of a hammer lol
Chris b

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
You must like boats and with the model you've just completed you have set the bar very high so this will be a real must follow build.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well it's right up your street Andy , sure you'll do a fine job . lucky it was not damaged in a box with that much damage.
That green hull paint looks good , very strong and full .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Andy
You must like boats and with the model you've just completed you have set the bar very high so this will be a real must follow build.
Jim
Well it's right up your street Andy , sure you'll do a fine job . lucky it was not damaged in a box with that much damage.
That green hull paint looks good , very strong and full .
WELL MR Conkers i aggree with what jim an john HAVE SAID lookin good an i will be following this buld an if it comes out as good as your last ship then it will be a cracker of a model
chris b

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Blimmin` `eck..... look at all them sails !!!!!!:fearful:
Good luck with that Andy,if it were me....... I`d put it back in the box and crack open that Scrabble set!!
Cheers,
Andy,(One of the many!)

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you all.

Going to put some simple lighting in today. The port holes were already drilled (had to tidy a few) and this time I'll have the wiry messiness inside the hull! Also got an LED strip which I've not used before, this will go in one of the deck buildings just the check it out. Lights and kit got from https://www.smallscalelights.co.uk/ - apologies for the blatant plug but she's incredibly helpful and provides a perfect service.

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Some serious detail on these decks considering it's a 1/150. Going to take a while to paint!

20220228_112626.jpg

To try and give a bit of box review, the mould is pretty damn good. The hull could have been chunkier, although flimsiness does make deck fitting easier. Decks are very solid, not bendy at all, and I've seen no sign of flash on any of the brown sprues.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Andy,. Where in the world are you going to find 1/150 nautical type humanity? I'm having a heck of a time rooting around for them in 1/87 scale for me U boat. Love that shade of green! For once it's not 4BO. Rick H. :thumb2:

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
in that small of a scale it's the Dog's Danglies Andy.....should weather up nicely when She's all together. :thumb2: Rick H.
That's pretty much the weathering the deck's going to get now! Still wondering whether to have it as it is in 'museum' condition, or splatter it with rust and sailor vomit.