Revell Halifax bomber

M

Mike1970

Hi,
I have just began revells Halifax.I am doing the MKIII variant and when I checked the fuselage there are 5 round windows along its length.On the cover art of the box it shows only 2.I was thinking there may be blanks on the sprues for different variants but there isn’t.Has anyone else come across this ?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’m not familiar with the kit (or the Halifax, really) but I’m assuming clear windows are provided for all the openings? Then it’s just a matter of fitting those and painting over the ones that shouldn’t be there, I would think.

M

Mike1970

I’m not familiar with the kit (or the Halifax, really) but I’m assuming clear windows are provided for all the openings? Then it’s just a matter of fitting those and painting over the ones that shouldn’t be there, I would think.
Thanks for the reply Jakko.I never thought of that.I guess some filler around the perimeter should do it as long as the window is flush with the fuselage then paint over.Ill check that out.Thanks again

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You could also fill the unneeded windows with plastic card and fill as needed, if the windows are proud of the fuselage, for example.