Revell/ICM 1/16 SWAT Officer - a learning curve!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm calling this finished..................DSCF0085.JPGDSCF0087.JPGDSCF0088.JPG

I think I could spend days more tinkering, but you have to stop sometime!
I've learnt a lot. The model is very good, lots of detail, minimum clean up & good fit. The all-dark finish makes it difficult to differentiate between textures - eventually, I used different brands of matt varnish.
My face painting skill needs more practice (!!), and better paint brushes ( being sorted ).
I've been looking for another subject - oddly none of the Tamiya figures really inspire me, it looks like the ICM Viking may be my next choice - now all I have to do is find it at a good discount!
Thanks for dropping by................
Dave

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Well done indeed. You went out of your comfort zone, learned a lot and as you're doing another figure you must have enjoyed it. Certainly a model to be pleased with.
Jim

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job dave , cheers tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good Dave.

Far better than anything I could achieve!!

ATB

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
One thing I should have done, was use a lighter blue for his base uniform ( possibly Royal Blue? ). That would make it easier to differentiate between uniform/straps/pouches/boots. It's much easier to darken, than lighten!
Dave

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I'm calling this finished..................View attachment 368576View attachment 368577View attachment 368578

I think I could spend days more tinkering, but you have to stop sometime!
I've learnt a lot. The model is very good, lots of detail, minimum clean up & good fit. The all-dark finish makes it difficult to differentiate between textures - eventually, I used different brands of matt varnish.
My face painting skill needs more practice (!!), and better paint brushes ( being sorted ).
I've been looking for another subject - oddly none of the Tamiya figures really inspire me, it looks like the ICM Viking may be my next choice - now all I have to do is find it at a good discount!
Thanks for dropping by................
Dave
Viking, now that sounds good to me, although I'm biased.

D

Deleted member 6559

Very nicely done Dave. I can thoroughly recommend the viking.