Revell/ICM 1/16 SWAT Officer

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
My figure completion rate is pretty dismal - mainly due to my face painting skills ( nil! ). I decided to give this a go - - his face is largely obscured by a ski-mask!revell swat officer.JPG
This is the ICM figure reboxed by Revell. The mouldings look pretty crisp. I'll put up some sprue, and detail pictures tomorrow, whilst I'm waiting for my varnish coat to dry on my Zvedza Tigr Kornet................
Dave

D

Deleted member 6559

Nice one Dave.

These are very nice kits, especially the special forces subjects. Will be following this one avidly.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Detail Shots.
P1060754.JPGP1060755.JPGP1060757.JPGP1060760.JPGP1060761.JPGP1060764.JPG
The lower legs & arms are moulded in one pieceP1060753.JPGP1060762.JPGP1060763.JPG
The joint seams are small, and scraping with a scalpel should clear them up.
P1060749.JPGP1060752.JPGP1060758.JPGP1060750.JPGP1060751.JPG

All in all these look pretty crisp & well moulded. There are numerous pouches & packs to be added to the figure, I'll have to work out the painting sequence. The instructions show paints in the form of back & front view - not very helpful as it's all dark colours - dark grey, black & midnight blue. The assembly instructions look clear enough.
The last time I tried a 1/16 model, it was a MiniArt Legionnaire, somehow, I don't think I'll have as much trouble with this, as that monstrosity!

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Theres some nice sharp details on those parts, especially the bottom of the boots, and you get a little display plinth as well. pay have to part with some cash on this one !

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Steve,
it pays to shop around - cheapest I've seen at the moment is £14.34 delivered!
Dave

• Love
Reactions: JR

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Construction underway. Edge cleaning,and careful scraping on the mould seams - the legs and lower torso assembled P1060779.JPG
I'll let that set, then prime, to see any bits of seams that I've missed.
The torso is also assembled - I had to put a smear of putty on the collarP1060781.JPG
I haven't decided which helmet to use - this is the one with headphones & boom micP1060777.JPG
At this magnification all sorts of flaws stand out!!!!
The Colt M4 Carbine is assembled, and painting begins................P1060778.JPG
Most of these bits are black, or dark grey, I think that matt, or satin varnish will help to show contrasts...............
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Interesting Dave, I'm not a figure man myself but that does look like a very nicely moulded kit indeed.

Looking forward to seeing this turns out.

ATB

Andrew

D

Deleted member 6559

Coming along nicely Dave.

The mould seams are perhaps the biggest disadvantage with injection moulded figures. Why do the always go through the bootlaces?

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Looking good Dave, seems ICM has given you many nice details.
Looking forward to see how he turns out:thumb2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Lower limbs painting underway - the midnight blue I'm using is a high gloss acrylic, which looks a little oddP1060789.JPG
I'll paint the straps for kneepads etc, before giving it a flat matt varnish coat.
Torso & arms also being painted....................P1060791.JPG
All the armoured vest, belts, straps, elbow & knee pads are 'black' - I'm varying between black-grey & black, to give a little contrast.
P1060788.JPG
I'm slanting towards the plain helmet with goggles at the moment, but I'll wait to see which looks better
Dave

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
coming along, agree that midnight blue is a bit shiny and hasn't taken to the plastic very well. sure you can fix it. still waiting for mine to arrive. Should have been today, but wont be now, good old royal mail :smiling2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The Midnight Blue was the nearest I could find in my paintbox, it's a oldish Revell Aqua acrylic- I've airbrushed it before, but this is the first time I've brush painted it - it's surprisingly thick but ends up rather opaque - I should have gone with my first instinct and bought a new bottle of paint!
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Looks a nice kit - detail and fit. Good price too. I don't remember you painting a figure before.
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Jim,
first one in a long time! ( years and years ). I have a real blind spot in facepainting.................... This fellers face is half hidden by a mask, so I think I'm in with a shout!!!
Dave

D

Deleted member 6559

Coming along nicely Dave.

With the uniform, you could try painting the whole thing black and then gradually building up the blues over that. That way you have instant depth and don't have to worry about the shadows.