Revell/ICM 1/35 German Infantry 1914

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Know what you mean about expressions....I’m always pleased if my figure expressions read as valid, but have no clue as to how they are generated....

D

Deleted member 6559

Very nicely done Neil - he looks great. Expression is all in the eyebrows - have a look at the emojis on the tool bar.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Very nicely done Neil - he looks great. Expression is all in the eyebrows - have a look at the emojis on the tool bar.
I thought you were being funny, then I remembered Gromit.........
you are so right!
But it's still a fluke where my painting is concerned!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Little late to the party Mein Herr. Will sit quietly with JR and help him with his notes.

Great start! :thumb2:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Fritz 2 needed a little bit of filler but not too much. I hollowed out his left sleeve and pinned his hand in place .
And I remembered to attach the ammo pouches and helmet before painting
Here he is with his kit ready for primer.
IMG_20200627_111348864.jpg
thanks for looking
Neil

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thanks alot, Jason and Peter.

I have a confession to make , though......
I've just actually read the text accompanying the photos in the book I'm using for reference, and I find that the bronze braid around the collar and cuffs is only for NCOs, so I have made all of them Sergeants!
Ooops!
Too late now for Fritz 3 , but I did bother to obliterate it on Fritz 4 (the officer), who is almost done.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
And here is Herr Oberleutnant Fritz 4
D (1).jpgD (2).jpgD (3).jpgD.jpg
And here I must give a 'shout out' to my new matt lacquer - Windsor & Newton Galleria Matt Varnish.
I picked it after recommendations on a thread on here and I'm so much happier with it than my old Alclad.
Firstly because it is reliably MATT; but also it's so much easier to use(straight from the bottle to the airbrush), and it doesn't stink the place out.
So thanks to the chaps who contributed to that thread.
Anyway, the Four Fritzes are all done now and ready for their little bit of Belgium.
And that is waiting for my NIGELLA to dry out thoroughly,(thanks to Gentleman John-PERCY-Race) in the hope that it will be the basis for the mustard flower field they are walking through.
Many thanks for following so far, and brace yourselves for .....
The Four Poilus !