Revell/ICM 1/35 Horch 108 - completed

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This is now complete!
DSCF1851.JPGDSCF1852.JPGDSCF1853.JPGDSCF1854.JPGDSCF1855.JPGDSCF1856.JPGDSCF1857.JPGDSCF1858.JPG

I have to say I really enjoyed making this, the fit was excellent & providing you can get the tiny scale parts off the sprue & cleaned up, then it all goes together! No filler required!
Making things like the seat frames to scale size demonstrates ICM's expertise in producing fine mouldings, but could be made simpler, without detracting from the detail. I don't like vinyl tyres, but with a bit of preparation, they are fine.
At the moment, you can pick up the ICM original at a better price than the Revell reboxing - but I'm certain I got this at a good discount!
If you've never tried an ICM softskin, I would recommend you try one - their mouldings are on a par with any other top manufacturer, the lack of PE bits isn't important, as ICM provide all the bits in plastic ( toss up between struggling with plastic, or PE ).
They aren't a shake the box & add cement model, but are enough of a challenge to keep any modeller interested.
Thanks for dropping by & my next ICM build will be starting shortly....................
Dave

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
You're certainly full of praise for this kit and I can see why. An excellent looking result and you enjoyed making it. One to display with pride.
Jim

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Dave. Build and painting.
Cheers,
John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Excellent result with this Dave.....good to hear it was an enjoyable experience. :thumb2: Rick H.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Dave!
That's a great job Sir,a lovely looking Hitch :smiling3:
If I may say so,(and PLEASE don't take this the wrong way!),your finishes have improved SO MUCH in the last 4 or 5 years it's awesome!!
You've transformed yourself into a real pro from your humble "beginners" status in such a short space of time.
Nice one :smiling3:
Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice too, Dave.

Top build!

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
I like that Dave. ICM are certainly pitching for the crown of kings of the soft skins.....

Nick

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice finish Dave, has that worn and dusty look. Esp like the paintwork.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave, that's turned out very well indeed a top notch job all round.

ATB.

Andrew