Revell/ICM 1/35 Horch 108.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This is the 2018 Revell reboxing of the 2015 ICM original - the plastic is ICM, the rest Revell.....................
revell horch.jpg
Sprue shots:
DSCF1803.JPGDSCF1802.JPGDSCF1801.JPGDSCF1800.JPGDSCF1799.JPG
Tiny decal sheet..............DSCF1820.JPG

Instructions - apart from the crazy Revell colour call outs, clearer than ICM instructions!
DSCF1818.JPGDSCF1819.JPG
Two similar finishes.
I bought this at a bargain price - the Revell price was much less than the ICM original. It pays to check the prices on reboxings!
Detail pictures & comments to follow........................
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Detail shots - crisp & flash free.................
DSCF1808.JPG
DSCF1811.JPGDSCF1812.JPGDSCF1813.JPGDSCF1807.JPGDSCF1809.JPGDSCF1810.JPGDSCF1815.JPGDSCF1817.JPGDSCF1805.JPG

ICM are producing some of the finest mouldings - they are producing them successfully, but it doesn't help when you have to get them off the sprue in one piece....................
DSCF1806.JPG
The moulding gates overlapping the part ( difficult to see how this could be overcome! )
DSCF1814.JPG
Tricky clean up & reinstate a hole!
The engine grill is one of the finest moulded pieces I've seen! ( pic 5 ) With this delicacy there's little need for any PE detail sets. The only thing that maybe be improved is some resin tyre replacements, I'm not wildly enthusiastic about the vinyls
Construction will start soon!
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looks very nice indeed Dave.

ATB.

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Assembly begins - a bit fiddly, and rather complicated - its a 4 wheel drive. independent suspension...............
DSCF1822.JPG
Careful cutting from the sprue is essential, and close study of the instructions! - many similar parts to get in the right place, which will turn round & bite you if you don't pay attention
Dave

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm glad you're building this Dave, I have the ICM kit cued very soon myself. I've grabbed one of these comfy chairs up front, the folding one that Paul furnished over at his build is like sitting in a church pew.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
A bit more work on the chassis - you have to be attentive to the part numbers here!
DSCF1825.JPG

Here's something that is a real pain - two thin bars/tubes (?) that run between the front & back hubs ( central tyre pressure system? )
DSCF1823.JPG
It took me quiye a while, but I got them off in one piece!
DSCF1824.JPG
Having done that - I think I'm going to replace these with wire - the clean up on the parts is virtually impossible, and would severely try my patience!
I have to assemble the engine, but that's really just to fill a hole & locate the exhaust - the bonnet will be tightly shut..........
Dave
It doesn't help that the spring on my extra fine sprue cutters broke - it's still useable, but a nuisance!

Last edited:

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I know how you feel with the really fine parts Dave, since I got some Dspiae nippers the world looks much better, hardly any clean up and tiny parts just fall of the sprue.

Andy.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice progress so far Dave, looking on with interest. Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
The kit looks nice but the sprue shots show a lot of rather small, delicate parts. Chassis looks good. I'm sure you're right to replace that pipe/tube bit with wire - clean up would indeed be very hard.
Jim

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The chassis is compete & ready for priming. It's very detailed & loads of tiny parts - luckily the instructions are clear ( and much bigger than the ICM originals )
DSCF1830.JPGDSCF1831.JPG
I'd say that was the back of the difficult stuff broken, the parts get bigger...........................
Dave
edit - just realised I've left off the prop shafts! - doh!

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
No "propping" about for you Dave....
He he - I've looked forward in the instructions & the prop shaft isn't fitted until the bodywork is joined to the chassis a lot further on - there's some sort of brake (?) on the propshaft which mounts onto the body. - I really thought I'd missed that out, but nope!
Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice recovery there.....press on.
Rick H.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Primed & did a little detail painting on the chassis - I used masking fluid on the wheel hubs, so I won't have to scrape the paint off................
DSCF1833.JPG
The body assembly couldn't be easier, just hold the parts together & apply a drop of TET, no hassle, no straining of parts. My only worry is when to start painting................
Dave

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Primed & did a little detail painting on the chassis - I used masking fluid on the wheel hubs, so I won't have to scrape the paint off................
View attachment 428597
The body assembly couldn't be easier, just hold the parts together & apply a drop of TET, no hassle, no straining of parts. My only worry is when to start painting................
Dave
Dave what type of glue is TET, does it compare to Tamiya extra thin, or... ?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
When compared, the odd things is they behave exactly the same … You can make your own, though.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
OOps,
carbon tetrachloride - also known as carbon tet, can be used as an adhesive, but it's not very user friendly, and can cause organ failure with prolonged exposure..........................
I meant Tamiya Extra Thin ( it's quicker to type TET ) - apologies for any confusion :worried:
Dave