Revell/ICM 1/35 Horch 108.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Used to use it regularly back in the day. Splains alot.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
OOps,
carbon tetrachloride - also known as carbon tet, can be used as an adhesive, but it's not very user friendly, and can cause organ failure with prolonged exposure..........................
I meant Tamiya Extra Thin ( it's quicker to type TET ) - apologies for any confusion :worried:
Dave
Lol I was thinking it must be a brand unknown to me over here

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
To have the seat frame works in scale is nice, but it would been just as good to have them moulded integral with the seats, and would have been easier!
DSCF1840.JPG

DSCF1841.JPGDSCF1842.JPGDSCF1843.JPG
I've reached the stage where I can prime the interior. I have to paint now, as there is the spare wheel to add, and other parts, which would prevent it fitting..................
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great Dave. Loads of fine detail, but I bet it was a bit of a pig to clean up…..

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
To have the seat frame works in scale is nice, but it would been just as good to have them moulded integral with the seats, and would have been easier!
View attachment 428979

View attachment 428980View attachment 428981View attachment 428982
I've reached the stage where I can prime the interior. I have to paint now, as there is the spare wheel to add, and other parts, which would prevent it fitting..................
Dave
looking good, Dave
those seat frames would be perfect if you wanted to show a burnt out wreck....

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
All the little bits added to the bodywork ( apart from the tools). The outside is basecoated - brush painted, 'cos I couldn't be bothered to mask up the interior...................
DSCF1844.JPG
Chassis & bodywork joined - a very nice fit! Tyres scuffed up with wire wool. A bit of touching up needed here & there, and I can get the compressor fired up ( at low pressure ) to spray the green & red-brown camo. I'll be doing this freehand, so it may take me a few passes!
It has all gone very well - the only real problem is that ICM are producing parts to scale! This makes taking the bits off the sprue, cleaning up & assembly very tricky. The offside indicators/spotlight took me about 5 attempts to put on the body - CA & accelerator finally got it! I don't think that they'll last long as they're very fragile!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This why I love acrylics - 2 colours sprayed for the camouflage, then the basecoat touched up as well, all in the space of an hour.
DSCF1845.JPGDSCF1846.JPGDSCF1847.JPGDSCF1848.JPG
Gloss coat next. then decals - wheels, lamp lenses, tools, rifles & windscreen to fit then a bit of weathering - dust I think, rather than mud. Coming together fast!
Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very Nice Dave...interior looks just right. Rick H.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Very Nice Dave...interior looks just right. Rick H.
Rick,
I haven't actually done anything with the interior - yet - I'll have to dirty up the floor a bit & a bit of wear on the seats. As it's an open car, that can really wait................
Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Dave, if you can improve on that........all the better. Rick H.;)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The outside is basecoated - brush painted, 'cos I couldn't be bothered to mask up the interior.
I think I’ve found a reason for those separate seat panels: you can install the frames into the model, spray the whole thing, and only then add the (separately painted) cushions.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
These will be the last pictures to appear in 'under construction'
DSCF1849.JPGDSCF1850.JPG
Just the windscreen & lamp lenses to fit - I'll do those after the final weathering. There are just a few touch ups to do, but nothing major.
The final reveal will be appearing in the 'completed' section, shortly!
Dave