Revell/ICM 1/35 WWI French Infantry 1914

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good Neil.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Glad to read I'm not the only one that has paint come off If I paint the same way Neil. Will try the Peter way next.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Steve, Andrew -thanks a lot guys.
John- good luck and keep us posted.

Well here he is, the story so far.
IMG_20210424_154457629.jpg
IMG_20210424_154422091.jpg

It does feel strange to totally finish part of it and not to have even started other bits, but at least there's less risk of damaging the higher parts. Just his legs and feet to go, plus a bit of work on his kit. That blue badly needs matt lacquer, but it will have to wait till it's all done. And that makes the gloss varnish on the belts redundant, but hey ho, you live and learn :rolling: It's too glossy anyway;)
I struggled getting a clean division between the sleeves and the hands, I might start leaving the hands off and painting them separately.
Anyway, that's all for now, thanks for looking
Neil

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Just had a read through of this neil , i completely missed it last year ! Excellent work , he looks great . Those instructions are terrible , good job youve got the book , cheers tony

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I'm calling Frenchie Numero Un done.

1A.jpg1B.jpg1C.jpg1D.jpg1E.jpg

Not too painful - I think I'm starting to get the hang of this painting lark.
I just need to do it more often so I don't have to re-invent the wheel every time!
It will probably be a while until I do his amis as I've still got five of his ancestors to finish, but he was a welcome diversion. And if I need another diversion I think it will have to be KHAKI!
Thanks as always for looking and liking and commenting.
Cheers
Neil

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It definitely works doing it that way Neil. He looks good.
Found the other way disappointing when you suddenly notice the boots were needing redoing still you were working on the uniform at the top .
Must remember when I do mine .

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Great job with the figure it's something that terrifies me, I have only done one (not very well) but he is virtually hidden in the digger cab.

Andy.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Neil,
You certainly are getting the hang of the painting lark, that's a cracking result.
Cheers Paul:thumb2:
It definitely works doing it that way Neil. He looks good.
Found the other way disappointing when you suddenly notice the boots were needing redoing still you were working on the uniform at the top .
Must remember when I do mine .
Thanks John, it really does help actually. And leaving part of it completely unfinished prevents you from fooling yourself it's finished when there are only a few little details to tidy up. I had to be REALLY disciplined to finish every little aspect before moving on . As I said I'm even converted to the idea of doing the face first now.
Great job with the figure it's something that terrifies me, I have only done one (not very well) but he is virtually hidden in the digger cab.

Andy.
Thanks Andy-you should give it a go! Face your fears and slay the demon! The more you do it the less terrifying it will be ;)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Neil

Very well done indeed. A great figure.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
He looks great Neil. Nice colourful figure, and the fresh faced tones are excellent. Face first is the way I’ve worked for many years. It always spurs me on to do the rest. Interesting how figure painters always end up with their own painting sequence though. There is no “right” way to do figures, just the way that works for you....