Revell masterclass airbrush - newby needs help

M

mildon

Hi all,
I am new to this forum...and also new to airbrushing...
So i have been given a compressor, and also a revell masterclass airbrush vario. now this is 2nd hand and after taking it apart the needle is bent and dirty.. ok cleaning a needle yes i can do that..
however would like to start with a new needle, so my question is can i buy any needle or is there a specific one? i also now sure if the nozzle i have is classed as fine / medium or whatever?!
if i also wanted to buy a fine nozzle / needle, again do i need something very specific from revell or is there off the shelf versions?
I apologise if this is in the wrong thread, or if these questions seem silly but we all start somewhere eh? :smiling3:
Thanks in advance
Lee

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Lee,
without knowing who made the airbrush for Revell, you're probably going to have to stick with their spares! * Revell Airbrush spares *
Then again, as spare prices seem rather high, you could consider a new a/b like this * 0.2mm airbrush * from Scale Model Shop, ( others are available ), it's cheap enough to find out whether you like airbrushing, without a large outlay ( I use one of these, myself )
Dave