Revell Mclaren MP4-25

S

Sauber

I gave this one a go despite the fact that my last 2 attempts at F1 cars failed miserably...

It just so happened that this one wasn't so bad and(although it is not perfect) do not feel so ashamed as to hide it from public view...

M

munkster

That looks pretty good to me! Did you use an airbrush for the silver? How long is it out of interest? It doesn't look that teeny despite being 1/24 (as far as I know?).

Nice work though, might give that a go myself!!

S

Sauber

Thanks!

Silver wasn't actually an airbrush but spray-can, which I guess is close enough. It is also my first model using primer, which seems to make a big difference. And your right about the size. It's a pretty hefty 21cm.

Again, Thanks.

B

Bunkerbarge

You've certainly got a very nice realistic shine on that silver. Lovely finish and a very neatly done model.

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Wow really nice work, I would be very proud of it! It tempts me to get a F1 model kit now too :smiling3: Keep up the gd work:thumbs-up:

J

JRSLim

Happy Christmas!

I agree your McLaren looks terrific! I received the kit for Chrismas and am looking forward to finishing it soon. I'm also likely going to use can paint, because I think I might be able to get a good finish with Testors 'Chrome' (I'm in the U. S.). If not I might go Alclad Chrome. Did you paint gloss black first or just primer? Also, is the engine very visible at all when it's finished? It looks like the entire body work on the real car is solid, but Revell left the top removable to view the engine.

Again, beautiful job and 'll be proud if mine comes out as nice!

Thanks and Cheers!

Shaun

B

Beano

The colour of that is perfect, looks just like the chromey colour of the real car!