revell mclaren mp4-25

O

omi1966

ive been working on this as a gap filler if i lose my mojo with my other projects, but i found i had some time today and finished the final bits and bobs and managed to put a base together for display.

anyone who has done this kit will understand the issues with the decals (many hours of curses and "you have got to be joking") but if you keep your cool it turns out as a great display.

cheers and thanks for looking.

martin.

Last edited:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Top job Martin ......... The hard work has paid off matey. Love the base, it proper sets it off.

Peter

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
extremely nice

and decals are the reason i stopped doing F1 cars lol lol

O

omi1966

thanks guys,

call me perverse but the decals were time consuming but i enjoyed them, especially the carbon fibre ones on most of the suspension. tring to better your last kit is where im at now so when something works it's very satisfying.

question: is it perfection or realisim we are tring to achive.

heavy or what !. to much wine LOL.

martin

C

Cooperman69

I understand your pain with those decals Martin :smiling3:

Never got to finish the kit following an episode with Tamiya Extra Thin glue when nearing completion! Still got the chassis complete but need to start on the body again.

Great job of the side pod decals there mate, what's your secret?

Have 5 stars from me :smiling3:

Atb, Colin.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
I understand your pain with those decals Martin :smiling3: Never got to finish the kit following an episode with Tamiya Extra Thin glue when nearing completion! Still got the chassis complete but need to start on the body again.

Great job of the side pod decals there mate, what's your secret?

Have 5 stars from me :smiling3:

Atb, Colin.
........... an "episode" ????