Revell Millennium Falcon Easi Kit

D

delmonteman

Happy new year, all. I thought I'd get back into the swing of things with a simple one & after seeing the new Star Wars film, there was only one thing I could build!

The plan was/is to chuck this together and completely repaint it (it comes prepainted). I had it built in about 10 minutes, masked up the windows and gave it a good coat of primer. Got the airbrush out and tried some preshading (for the first time)

D

delmonteman

A mix of Vallejo Medium Sea Grey and Light Sand looked about the right colour and went on nicely enough. Had a quick play with some old wash I found, on the dish. dsc_0167.jpg

dsc_0168.jpg

dsc_0169.jpg

dsc_0170.jpg

First Name
Robert
Not a scratch on her ( you promise me not a scratch) !!!!!

I'm liking this a lot, very detailed and love the paintwork

Regards

Robert

D

delmonteman

It's a nice kit. It's just a bit too simple! I did have a look for a "proper" one but couldn't find anything without spending STUPID money.

I've added the odd red & grey panel and given it all a wash. Hopefully going to remove most of the wash, tonight.

First Name
Adrian
I like it, glad you have done this as I just got the new one and was planning to do the same so now I can copy your work ;)

Adrian

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking very good Gavin,do like the look so far,and with a few more washers will just get better, ;)

D

delmonteman

And after. Maybe a bit too heavy. I need more staining around the exhaust ports (or what I am assuming are exhaust ports) and some chipped paint (should have thought of that earlier, really!)

dsc_0174.jpg

dsc_0175.jpg

dsc_0176.jpg

D

delmonteman

\ said:
I like it, glad you have done this as I just got the new one and was planning to do the same so now I can copy your work ;)
Adrian
What's the new one?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking real good ,nice colors, ;)

D

delmonteman

\ said:
Its basically the same just from Force Awakens with a rectangle dish :smiling3:
It was on offer on Very's site for £30 so grabbed one :smiling3:
Could I ask a favour please, Ade? I got my kit cheap off Flea-bay and it doesn't come with the panel at the back that I'm assuming is blue. Is it, literally, a piece of thin blue plastic?

First Name
Adrian
The kit I have is blue, though thinking back to when I built the actual kit in the 80's it was clear so the lights couls show though. Also I'm sure the light from the engines is mainly white with a blue tint on the edges? I may be wrong its been a while since I sat and watch the films.

Here's the engine piece from my kit.

003.JPG

Hope this helps

Adrian

D

delmonteman

Nice one fella. I'm sure I can find something suitable lying around.