Revell Monty's caravan & scout car (1/76)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
This classic slipped under the radar for me Jim, noticed the blip on the screen and decided to check it out. It was worth it. Good idea by Jakko to leave the roof loose. ..can't hide all those goodies you've done for the interior.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jakko, John, Simon and Richard
Thanks for your comments - appreciated :thumb2:
I have just done a dry fit of the caravan roof and the fit is good so I will take the advice and leave it unglued.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jim .
Good to read. :thumb2:
John .

First Name
Wouter
Hi Jim, I'm really well impressed here. That scratchbuilt and weathered interior look very good. Well done!

Cheers

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Looking excellent Jim, particularly like the low wooden table and hand basin...some nice wood grain and the basin has a realistic shiny porcelain look....well done:thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Another lovely update Jim. Looks like you are having fun with this one

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jim

Very nice interior design. Very 1940's Selfridges.

John

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks for all your kind, supportive posts :smiling:
The Dingo is finished. It is only 3cm long so the detail is simplified but hopefully it will be OK as part of a dio.
P1050634.JPG
P1050635.JPG
P1050636.JPG
P1050637.JPG
Monty's caravan is just about built - three main sections. Cab, chassis and caravan. Masking off the interiors of the caravan and the cab will be awkward but Tamiya tape, bits of sponge, bits of card and some Blu-tac and some choice language and it will get done :tongue-out3:
P1050638.JPGP1050639.JPG
P1050640.JPG
Jim
In Dave's beautiful French Infantry vignette there was a discussion about photographing models. Jakko mentioned that he had the same photo booth as I have but had fitted a third light above the booth. I bought a cheap light fitting and did just that. I think it has improved the photos. Thanks Jakko :thumb2:

Last edited:
First Name
Wouter
Nice update and the Dingo looks good. Masking will be a pain in the bum I reckon but nothing you can't handle no doubt :smiling3: Looking forward to the next installment of "Jim does Monty's caravan" :D

Cheers

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Jim, Dingo is good..just some minor fit areas that need careful filling which is only apparent in close up photography. I don't think it's noticeable at a safe distance. The painting is really neat and weathering just right and subtle.

Cheers,
Richard

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
In Dave's beautiful French Infantry vignette there was a discussion about photographing models. Jakko mentioned that he had the same photo booth as I have but had fitted a third light above the booth. I bought a cheap light fitting and did just that. I think it has improved the photos. Thanks Jakko :thumb2:
I find it helps counteract the shadows cast by the other two lamps, and it seems to work for your photos as well — looking good. (The models too :smiling3:)

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Nice to see the Dingo finished. Only 3cm long - thats insane!. The caravan is looking great. Top work Jim:thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Thanks for your kind comments.
Sorry it has been so long since anything happened with this. I have been laid low with, according to the doc, a urinary tract infection. Basically you need to pee, can't pee and when you can it hurts. You also pee blood which is rather off putting!! Two weeks of antibiotics and doing very little and now all is well again in the old plumbing department :tongue-out3:
The caravan is basically finished. I dry fitted the chassis, wheels, cab and caravan and all looked really good. As soon I decided to glue it all together the Mogglin' Pixies decided it would be fun to make the wheels touch the underside of the caravan :sad: - so that required some modifications! It really did fit before - honest!
P1050641.JPG
P1050642.JPG
P1050643.JPG
P1050644.JPG
P1050645.JPG
P1050646.JPG
I'll have a go at a simple base next.
Jim

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Glad to see the roof still comes off. Looking forward to seeing the two main stars on a base together. Glad to hear you are better now and back at the bench

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nicely done Jim, great paint work and weathering, especially like how the tyres have come up:thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Thanks Steve, Si and Scottie.
I am calling it done. I lost a fair bit of mojo towards the end with this for a variety of reasons. For me it was a tad too small a scale and the kit was old and chunky which didn't help. Thanks to all of you who stuck with it. More photos in completed dios section.
P1050665.JPG
Jim