Revell re-box of Dragon Bf110C

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I noticed today on Scalemates that Revell have done a re-box of the 1/32 scale Dragon Bf110C

The Dragon kit was outstanding, one of the best and most enjoyable builds have done. It was marred only by some very poor instructions and I had to use on-line sources to complete the build.

That Dragon kit cost me £94 and I have been wanting to build another....

Revell have now issued a re-box of that same kit.... what is more it is about £54 from John at Scale Model Shop, a real bargain. I have just ordered one. Hopefully Revell might have better instructions....

I am not a fan of Revell kits but a Dragon re-box is a must-have.

Here is the completed aircraft thread on this forum of my last build

I did do a build thread but I cannot find that one...

John still has them in stock, buy it while you can, you wont regret it...

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Just received the model, excellent service from John as always.

Box top
F475E91F-6535-43B1-88A7-649019847DF0.jpeg
It certainly is the Dragon kit...

Revell have improved things with their packaging, something I noticed with their Tornado as well. Their instruction booklets are also a big improvement on those old instruction sheets. All credit to them.

At a cursory glance they did not just purchase or hire the Dragon moulds and produce the kit themselves, it looks as if Dragon molded the sprues using their better quality plastic.

The Dragon pe is not included and Revell have produced decals for the seatbelts. The Revell decals are more comprehensive that Dragons.

The only aftermarket needed for a good result are seatbelts, exhausts (as the kit ones are solid and can be improved with resin replacements) and canopy masks. I am not decided yet on am masks for markings. I will probably get them.

All of in all a real bargain at £54.

2366901A-B75B-4193-B92E-97E49A951673.jpeg

BE9F0043-15B7-438E-A4E5-9C826F0746F4.jpeg

3D7FA64C-EAA9-4F69-9400-4D295891EC19.jpeg

I will do a build thread when I come to do this.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looking forward to the build Barry. I really want one of these and then get the G4 Nightfighter conversion for it. But it's all a lot of pennies for that.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Alan. At least with this rebox a chunk of change is saved off the basic kit. I see the Dragon boxing now on eBay for £86 from the USA but if HMRC get their hands on it tax and handling could knock it up over £100.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Yes i've seen that too Barry. I have been watching the 1/32 Bf110 kits for some time now and wondering how people can justify the DML price when the Revell kit is so much cheaper.