Revell Thermopylae

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all, well I needed to do something to take my mind off things so decided to start the ratlines  (actually I found it very relaxing) 

9fsnl2.jpg

2pzio9k.jpg

acc0t2.jpg

A

Ace

Looks great; I woulda gone nuts by now (without the catastrophes). 

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all got the rear railings on and made a start on the aft mast ratlines connections.

op7c6a.jpg

1z49ue9.jpg

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have just been looking through your build and some marveless work going into it and would I be right in guessing this is 1\96 scale as there seems to be a lot of similarities to my 1\96 cutty sark witch I have resumed with a totally new ship as the old one was beyond repair.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next update I noticed a split in the vac form mizzen sail and was going to patch it with a stitched square then thought I would experiment with some super glue.
10dcxec.jpg

Unfortunately the superglue made the weathering go white but a coat of acrylic white and you would never know.
sbm3pf.jpg

I've finished all the ratlines on the forecast
n3ads2.jpg

2n04tcn.jpg

sl0jd3.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next update seems like a lot of rigging on this but it's nothing compared to the soliel royal, and I've barely started this.
2apb3a.jpg

2l9ttat.jpg

2r61y0j.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well this is shelved again for a while I've broken the (I don't know what it's called) the bit that tensions the bowsprit, I'm not actually sure how to fix it as it's very thin plastic and superglue doesn't seem to work I'm so annoyed at my clumsiness, this is the fourth time I've broken something on this kit. I will fix it, it's just annoying.
1znndhz.jpg

esqioi.jpg

G

Graham D

The ship is looking good. If the part that has broken is the bit that hangs down from the bowsprit, it is a called a martingale. You could shape a piece of dowel and use that to replace the plastic part.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi thanks mate, apparently it's called the catshead and the bit that's broken is called the whisker.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Amazing work and dedication Ken, just the rigging and sail work alone would put me into apoplectic stitches:eek::D
Nothing unusual for you though:cool:...Great work so far;).................Jim:smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Superb work Ken. I've been quietly watching progress from the wings, and she's really getting a beating heart now....

Terrific stuff.

Ron

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looking good Ken, it was models like this that got me into modelling. But I do not have the patience for all the rigging.