First Name
Si.
Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Just realised that maybe these should have been posted in the submarine section. I do apologies.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Wow man this looks awesome.It looks like it has barnicles on it. Fantastic work.

T

tommy1drop

Fantastic work, your attention to detail is amazing, I really like this.

Top build.

Tom

M

mobear

very talented modeller you are,love the way they look,these are 5* builds especially for the detailing of the rust and coral build up thnx for the show

mobear

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Wow man this looks awesome.It looks like it has barnicles on it. Fantastic work.
Thanking you, glad you like it. 30 hours total build time on this one, came out really good.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Great effect Si, it's a fantastic work.Polux
Ta Polux, means a lot you like it. A lot of work into this one, and was unsure if it would work.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Fantastic work, your attention to detail is amazing, I really like this.Top build.

Tom
Cheers Tom, this model is to be featured on the Uboat.net site (if mentioning another site is not allowed, please accept my apologies and can a mod remove). Really enjoyed making this model.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
very talented modeller you are,love the way they look,these are 5* builds especially for the detailing of the rust and coral build up thnx for the showmobear
Mobear, you are very kind, it means a lot that my models are appreciated. Like any model maker though, there are always means to improve, hence I am here on this site; hopefully to get more tips.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Another cracker from the Si stable......I'm a sucker for U Boats....

C'mon, out with it.....Show us how you attain that excellent barnacle effect!

Cheers,

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Only just caught this one Si , amazing work! Its so perfectly crusty , i love it! 5 star job for sure , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fantastic work Si, when I look at the pictures it isn't hard to imagine being underwater looking at the U-Boat.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Only just caught this one Si , amazing work! Its so perfectly crusty , i love it! 5 star job for sure , cheers tony
Cheers Tony, this came out rather well, pleased with the end result.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Fantastic work si top notch workmanship.Scott
Ta very much Scott, glad you like.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Fantastic work Si, when I look at the pictures it isn't hard to imagine being underwater looking at the U-Boat.
Thank you Joe, looked at loads of piccies of wrecks to try and get the covering and paint washes to match the real thing.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Another cracker from the Si stable......I'm a sucker for U Boats....C'mon, out with it.....Show us how you attain that excellent barnacle effect!

Cheers,

Ron
LOL, thanks Ron, pleased you like it.

The effect is I'm afraid a trade secret...okay its not. Once the model has been assembled it is coated in undiluted PVA glue, then a mixture of fine and course sand in added...simple really, the PVA means you can use a brush to move the sand mix around to get textures or to build layers. Once dried it is essential to coat with a layer of spray paint-I find that this seals the coating and if you use a brown paint it looks like rust, then it is a simple task of applying washes/sponging and dry brushing.