Revell u-99 sunken diorama.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Found a few more piccies.

These pics are pre paint washes.

These pictures are model with sand/scree mix applied, no paint.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Just to let you know guys I have a commission to build another for a guy in America...cacking myself lol.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That is awsome mate ! What scale is that type VIIC ?
She is 1/125 scale. Glad you like it mate. Really getting nervous about building for someone else.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
She is 1/125 scale. Glad you like it mate. Really getting nervous about building for someone else.Si:smiling3:
Mate I don't think you've got anything to worry about :smiling3: your really good at this so just enjoy it :smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Congratulations on the commission Si. Don't worry just do your normal thing and it will be fine you will do a great job I'm sure of it

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi Si,WOW, this is brilliant Sir, I keep expecting to see a shark or conger eel to appear any second... ;)

HUGE ***** from me...:cool:

Andy...
Cheers Andy, pleased you like it mate...was toying with a small shark swimming around the conning tower.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Mate, u are a boss at subs sunken! I really like it!
Thanks John, this was made a while a go and really enjoyed making it. Really pleased you like my wreck :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Congratulations on the commission Si. Don't worry just do your normal thing and it will be fine you will do a great job I'm sure of it
I hope so Ian, when you build for yourself, although critical as most modellers are, making a mess is okay and can be left or faffed with. Just concious of not making a total crapola of it and having to buy another model :sad: Like you said, take the time, put all other projects on hold and just work through it...nice and easy...I hope.

F

fuma

Just caught this one, truly stunning effects and finishing. Absolutely 5* build.

Good luck with your commission piece. Papa695 is right when he says just do what you normally do.

Fuma:smiling3::cool:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Just caught this one, truly stunning effects and finishing. Absolutely 5* build.Good luck with your commission piece. Papa695 is right when he says just do what you normally do.

Fuma:smiling3::cool:
Thanks Fuma, glad you like it. Yeah, you're right just do it as I would be doing it for me.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That's awesome! A very unique build - I've not one like this before!
Thank you Alex, need to get on and build the commission one. Glad you like it mate.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I was missing this, impressive work.Wow! that's all I can say.

Francesco
Hi Francesco, praise indeed sir, many thanks for commenting and liking my build.

B

Bunkerbarge

To be honest when I first saw it I didn't take to it but the more I looked at it and the more detail came out, I kid you not, I found myself thinking "Poor Buggers"!!! It really does conjour up an atmosphere and is actually quite disturbing.

Consequently I have to say it is a superb model and, as with all the best dioramas, tells a story. In this case of wasted life and human suffering. Brilliant.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
To be honest when I first saw it I didn't take to it but the more I looked at it and the more detail came out, I kid you not, I found myself thinking "Poor Buggers"!!! It really does conjour up an atmosphere and is actually quite disturbing.Consequently I have to say it is a superb model and, as with all the best dioramas, tells a story. In this case of wasted life and human suffering. Brilliant.
You're not the first person to be put off by my sunken models, some folk, like yourself, come back and then have a good look and then are interested. Others are put off and cannot understand why I would want to do any sunken models, I have even being called callous for doing the H.M.S Edinburgh wreck; I then pointed out that the person made no reference to the U-boat and Bismarck wreck were men died too...that apparently, was different due to them being German.

Thanks Richard for having another look at my model, appreciate your time and kind comments. On the conning tower I actually did the hatch in a open position so that maybe some of the crew got out.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Just realised that maybe these should have been posted in the submarine section. I do apologies.Si:smiling3:
A great model and very nicely done!

And yes, it would rest better there. I moved it for you.

Ian M