'revenge' germany 1945

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
When Graham hinted the next G/B was going to be Eastern Europe I dug out this nice set of Russian figures. You might have seen my destroyed Elephant tank in my albums, so I thought, great, use the figures with the tank, job done!

Then, clever me, come the start, I would just have to put the soldiers together, make a simple dio. then sit back and have fun watching the G/B develop....WRONG!

I forgot the rules state photos of the boxes at the start, so as I always sling the boxes I am stuffed for July 1st!! "Done it again, dad!"

So I had to make the figures and present it now, firstly to follow the rules re. boxes ect. and secondly, so I can get my thinking gear into refresh mode!

The scene depicts a Russian fighting patrol advancing into E. Germany passing a burned out tank, which has the Russian word for 'revenge' painted on by the invaders. The tank, having fired it's last shell was hit by 2 A/P rounds which set fire to the interior of the tank and due to there being no ammo left, there was no violent explosion it just burned fiercely inside, the occupants had no chance of escape.

Some local civilians braved the invading Russian Army to make 6 rough wooden crosses......

I hope you like this offering and all comments and constructive criticisms are welcome.

If you look at this build Ian, I hope the translation is right. I Googled it!

:beer:

Ron

View attachment 24273

View attachment 24274

View attachment 24275

View attachment 24276

View attachment 24277

View attachment 24278

View attachment 24279

View attachment 24280

View attachment 24281

View attachment 24282

View attachment 24283

View attachment 24284

View attachment 24285

View attachment 24286

View attachment 24287

REVENGE 1945 002.jpg

REVENGE 1945 010.jpg

REVENGE 1945 004.jpg

REVENGE 1945 013.jpg

REVENGE 1945 007.jpg

REVENGE 1945 014.jpg

REVENGE 1945 015.jpg

REVENGE 1945 011.jpg

REVENGE 1945 001.jpg

REVENGE 1945 012.jpg

REVENGE 1945 005.jpg

REVENGE 1945 008.jpg

REVENGE 1945 009.jpg

REVENGE 1945 006.jpg

REVENGE 1945 003.jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Very nice Ron and i like the story behind the model too. Detailing is great top marks, would of been nice for the next GB.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the kind comments John, and for not mentioning the Blu tac on the officer's boots! lol

Yep, it would have been sound for the G/B. but 'Rules is Rules' and quite right too..

Cheers,

Ron

N

noble

Ron another five star effort well done mate, very nice job on the elephant love the burnt out look nice story line to the dio as always lovely camera angles, well done mate.

scott

F

Fenlander

Always a real pleasure to see your work Ron. Always well built, finished, photographed and documented. You have a knack (skill) of breathing life into your dioramas and this is no exception, the figures really look as though they are walking through the scene (blue tac or not lol). very lifelike and realistic.

C

Caledonia

Ron, Can only think of one word - SUPERB. Your dio's always have a dynamic feel about them. Cheers Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Blu tack , blue!! NAH! a patrol of americans must have passed through earlier, its chewing gum on his boot !!!! Ron mate youve done it again, a brilliant piece of storytelling , i love it. As scott said the angles of the shots really put you in the scene at ground level, as if you were there - fantastic! Looking forward to whatever youve got up your sleeve for the GB. cheers blue , tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thank you for the '5' Scott, not deserved but very flattering.

Also my thanks to you other guys for your nice comments, much appreciated.

Tony, the only thing up my sleeves at the minute is flaky skin, and here comes my bouncy nurse to rub on some...FIREY JACK!!!! Gawd, help me!

Cheers,

Ron

C

Cov1

Wow, brilliant work.

It takes some thought to go trough doing a wreck on a dio, superbly executed.

Ade

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Wow, brilliant work.It takes some thought to go trough doing a wreck on a dio, superbly executed.

Ade
Cheers for that Ade, painting a wrecked tank or whatever is a lot easier than doing one 'In service'

It's great fun shoving holes in and taking chunks out of the thing, free flowing stuff and very satisfying....

Thanks again,

Ron

G

Geoff Cropper

Hi Ron, All I can say is "BRILLIANT". What a sad little scene, brought tears to my eyes. Can't help thinking of our boys doing their bit. No-one deserves to die like that, but thats war all over. You make them so realistic. Congrats mate. Regards Geoff,(ex army).

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Glad you like it Geoff, it is a sad scene, but as you say "That's War" It also makes a change from guns being pointed at someone!

As a bit of an aside, I was not convinced about the word on the tank I noted from google so I P/M'd a forum member in Russia (paul1978) and he gave me the diffinitive answer. What I painted on was not quite right, but near enough for people wot don't understand the lingo...Me!

Ron