Revised Photos -Yaks Airfix scorpion 1/76 , Beowulfs little armour GB

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well after some feedback I decided to try and give the tiny scorpion a wash to accentuate the details . Initially I didnt do this for fear of it looking very mucky so the first lot of pics I did were in a 'just whitewashed' condition . Anyways I have now given it an oil wash ,which has highlighted some detail and also toned down the white quite a bit, eagle eyed viewers will notice the absence of the machine gun on the mantlet , a victim of the cotton bud ! heres the pics and heres a link to the first set https://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/yaks-airfix-scorpion-1-76-beowulfs-little-armour-gb.32217/ cheers tonyDSCN3090.JPGDSCN3091.JPGDSCN3092.JPGDSCN3093.JPGDSCN3094.JPGDSCN3095.JPGDSCN3096.JPGDSCN3097.JPGDSCN3099.JPGDSCN3100.JPGDSCN3101.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tony
Looks great. The last two photos were a bit of a shock - that sure is tiny which makes the result even more impressive.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Blimey! I didnt realise it was that small! Wonderful work Tony. The wash has certainly made a difference.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I've no idea how I missed this little gem! That's a cracker Tony.

How did you stop the paint 'wicking' along the grills at the front?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks guys , Dave i painted the white first then when i did the black a little did wick along the grille louvres but i wasnt bothered as i was going to give them a black wash after anyway. Plus brush painting gives you a bit more control as the paint is unthinned, cheers tony