Reworked Babylon 5 Starfury

First Name
Adrian
Hi all,

I had this up in the loft in bits with a half paint job, fins missing, basically a right mess. So in the past few days I have managed to scratch build a couple of fins match the paint and tidy it up.

I'd take it to my local model club but I think it would cause a stir been Sci-Fi and not having any camo on it :smiling3:

Anyway hope you like, I'm half way through stripping another one down and starting over to create Sheridans Starfury with resin guns and new decals.

View attachment 62483View attachment 62484View attachment 62485View attachment 62486View attachment 62487View attachment 62488

Adrian

View attachment 63939

View attachment 63940

View attachment 63941

View attachment 63942

View attachment 63943

View attachment 63944

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice one Ade. I loved B5 and thought the starfuries design was really clever.

Tony.

B

Boldman

Nice one!

The resin guns make a huge difference IMHO. In my version I also added an extra pipe that I saw in various plans and pictures that seems to lead from the guns further back. You can see from this image from the series website from way back...

and how I represented it

I didn't quite get it 100% correct though, but it lookso kay on the finished version

and of course in the dark you can't see them easily :smiling3:

Last edited:
First Name
Adrian
That's a nice model, love the lighting, is that the lighting kit from Starship modellers? I've just got hold of another kit and want to do it in the Psi Corps scheme and the lights would make it awesome.

Adrian

B

Boldman

Yes the lighting kit came from Starship modeller and the clear resin inserts for the engines and cockpit from Don's Light & magic site

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Nice rescue mission from the loft would have been a crime to have left it there I myself cannot tell what parts were scratch built it looks great

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a great star fury, it looks brilliant now.

Top job.

Tony.

N

noble

this is lookin good i still have two of these let in my stash after the PSi corps black omega fury build. and i still can't find detailed plans of the cobra bays.

Scott

First Name
Adrian
I just got hold of a new kit to do the Psi Corps one, eventually I'll have Sherridans, Presidential and Psi Corps all around the resin Shadow ship.

Adrian

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
both of those builds are cool lovely work guys