Richards Doggies Modification

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi,
While the Bedouin wrestles with the donkey I thought I'll show you some dogs I modified to make them look like local strays that were domesticated. They're each from Tamiya and Dragon...can't remember which was which but they were both Alsatians.
Local dogs in villages weren't heavy set and were quite lean with short hair and floppy ears. Lots of thinning ensured with grinding and shaving off...

rr0124.jpg rr0125.jpg rr0126.jpg rr0127.jpg

Heads were repositioned and the pooch chewing the flip flop was a common scene as it's customary to leave your footwear at the door before entering a house. The flip flop was made with three pieces of cut and shaped plastic strip and sheet.

rr0128.jpg rr0129.jpg rr0130.jpg rr0131.jpg

I did a few compositions just to see if they interacted well.

rr0132.jpg

Then I painted them. The compo was changed later to...

rr0133.jpg rr0134.jpg rr0135.jpg

...this...

14.jpg Sorry for the blurred pics.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Very well done. The "plastic surgery" is right up your street. The interaction between the two is very natural.
Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Nice doggies... did you make the flip flop?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Richard.
Think you have those dogs looking spot on, a bit of mange so often seen on dogs in the tropics, poor things I hate to see it.
Brilliant work.
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow! Fantastic amount of replies guys...thanks allround.

Very natural, I reckons you have dogs of your own?
I used to Andy, had eight during my days living with my parents. Haven't had any since. The Family home in Kuantan used to have very many with 5 acres of land to roam.

Fine work that man.
Peter, have I seen you paint animals?

Hi Richard
Very well done. The "plastic surgery" is right up your street. The interaction between the two is very natural.
Jim
Jim, unfortunately the pairing had to be separated as per the last photo...one was to occupied with the slipper and the other was enticed by the soldier.

Great work Richard,
Scottie, try mans best friend in your next dio.

Real nice work all round Richard:smiling6:
Ralph, I try to keep my genre well rounded...I haven't gotten round to painting female figures yet though.

Very good indeed
Ian, I bet there'll be more animals in this section as I believe the British have a great history with animals as pets.

Nice doggies... did you make the flip flop?
Greg, yes I did...quite a few pairs including Chinese wooden clogs.

Richard.
Think you have those dogs looking spot on, a bit of mange so often seen on dogs in the tropics, poor things I hate to see it.
Brilliant work.
John.
John, I know, the society are starting to appreciate animals here and many vetinary clinics have sprouted including shelters. There are some good people who help bring strays to shelters or clinics for treatment.

Cheers,
Richard