Bob
Hi Richard

Thanks for taking the time to show scribing, appreciated

Bob

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Scottie...busy putting the propeller and other bits together. Am not looking forward to the canopy masking as there are many compound curves and thin frames.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi all, many of you who have pets especially mischevious ones may have encountered the same...I left my cave room door open and my two kittens had a field day on my work bench right after this was photographed...

U25.jpg

I had just fitted the armoured shield above the instrument panel and prepped the items below for masking and painting and had just left the room. I was texting on my HP and on my way to the room when I noticed tooth picks lying on the carpet along with some paint brushes. These tooth picks only had one wheel attached on one side...good grief the devils have swallowed the other two wheels I thought. Being it was my fault for leaving the door open they only recieved a lecture and it was accidentally voiced recorded on my HP chatgroup. I must have pressed the key while lecturing and searching for the missing wheels.

U26.jpg

Anyway I only found the front wheel so I needed to cast one of the rear wheels. The casting was a success...I might just do another one to be safe.

U27.jpg

A simple build just became more exciting with search and rescue with mold and casting involved. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Pets can be the most frustrating things. But i wouldn't give up my dogs at all. Glad you can 'rescue' the wheel issue Richard

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Oh naughty moggies!!
You could always wait 24 hours and see if the missing wheels come out the other end:tongue-out2:.....maybe not:smiling5:
Glad you’ve got it sorted :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Pets can be the most frustrating things. But i wouldn't give up my dogs at all. Glad you can 'rescue' the wheel issue Richard

Alan...I wouldn't either:smiling3:

Oh naughty moggies!!
You could always wait 24 hours and see if the missing wheels come out the other end:tongue-out2:.....maybe not:smiling5:
Glad you’ve got it sorted :thumb2:

Si, I did that...really disgusting but resorted to the casting after the first poop. Thank goodness there was an alternative.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Pets are wonderful but they can make a modellers life difficult. I don't think I have one completed model that doesn't have a dog hair embedded in the paint somewhere :tongue-out3:
Jim

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Me too often find the following cats, max under the bench, casper on the cutting mat, nibs where ever the sun shines onto lol. Was stopped calling nibs Stug

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
I'm more a dog man than a cat man but those two are cute. Bet they have the humans in the house trained well :smiling:
Jim

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
My hobby room is the only room in the house where cats are banned. Oddly enough the one time the door was left open (While I was in the room), Valde just sat at the threshold looking in..... "Hmm dare I go in there? Nope smells funny in there!"

Did have one cat that in a moment of panic jumped into a moving box with my Corvette I had been working on for about a year..... Then proceeded to pee on it!

Nice work on the Uhu. by the way. Must try that casting thing one day!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice casting Richard. Like Ian our cats are banned from the model room and usually sit at the door knowing fire and brimstone awaits. Doesn't stop them when I'm absent though, have lost a few parts and had models broken by the fur monsters over the years.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Mine is very good - she doesn't jump onto any surface that isn't clear. She does have a habit of wanting to be picked up and combed when I really want to concentrate on a tricky bit of modelling, but I can forgive that! Here she is in a typical ladylike pose:Millie 011.jpg
Pete

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks gentlemen...Ian and Joe the casting was a booster as well for me. Peter she's lovely...the third one we have is similar but all black with white chest and tummy. Bob, the rainy season has started here so lots of lazybones here too.

I have made some progress on the canopy masking...the curves were just murder...

U28.jpg

Halfway through I had to send my daughter to campus...

U29.jpg

Back and I finished it up ready for the paint. Still a month to go...I'm going to break out the Humber or else I'll miss that deadline.

Cheers,
Richard