Richard's Layout.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow what progress on this one,looking fantastic,real liking it so far,well done, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

As always superb work my friend(can I call you that) I know nothing about railways but this is very interesting, I could get hooked .

B

Benhur

\ said:
Thank you very much David!!
Remains a lot of work yet!!!! I have the ballast ready :P

I have another HO layout on "Under Construction".....see "The Signal Tower" if you want :smiling3:

You a advices and help will be very useful ;)

Thanks again!
Had a look at your Signal Tower and I also see another layout Village Station. Have you finished any of them ?

I have a feeing that you really want to build a big layout. I have been working on mine for many years now and will try to post a few pictures. With your excellent modelling skills you would find the HO Faller Fun fair great to build. The kits are not cheap but are working and come with motors etc. and can be party of a model railway. Marklin C track is the best I have used having previously tried Roco and Fleischmann. The running qualities are easily the best and you can run other makes including Brawa.

Looking forward to seeing the finished layout.

N

noble

Heh polux this is looking good, love the buildings and the bridge looks very cool.

Scott

B

Benhur

Good choice. congrats. I have the Marklin HO version with sound including the railbus rattle. Put in some passengers and interior lighting and it will look great. Looks like it might need a driver although perhaps there is one and is just not clear in the pic.

Great loco.

P

Polux

Hi all!

I’ve been working the entire weekend on the layout.

Now, the all the tracks are fixed with screws....

And I redesigned all this part. I’m looking for a softer curve and have a major area on the “village” zone.

DSC_1854.JPG

I added the mechanical system for the turnouts as well.

DSC_1853.JPG

And I’ve been starting on the general electrical installation.

DSC_1851.JPG

I’m looking for an easy layout for my father....so I decided to active all the turnouts with normal switches.

DSC_1858.JPG

This is the last step. I’m adding different points for a correct and homogeneous electric power around the track.

DSC_1779.JPG

DSC_1860.JPG

Thanks for looking

Polux

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4539

Progressing nicely. :smiling3:

I'll have to take some pics of my layout

P

Polux

\ said:
Good choice. congrats. I have the Marklin HO version with sound including the railbus rattle. Put in some passengers and interior lighting and it will look great. Looks like it might need a driver although perhaps there is one and is just not clear in the pic.
Great loco.
Thanks!!

I changed the normal xip for a digital one. And the locomotive comes with the external and interior lighting :smiling3:

No...there isn't any passenger or driver...

So could be nice to add them ;)

P

Polux

Hi all.

I am starting the light’s installation on the finished houses. I will try with this kind....if it not works, I will try Leds or others.

DSC_1871.JPG

I had done a new piece. Seems not much, but I have a major area on the village zone.

I failed on the station building....is so big, so I will change for a smaller one :confused:

DSC_1873.JPG

Thanks for looking

Polux

B

Benhur

Really nice. You are working hard to get it finished. Pity you could not keep the turnouts working with a computer system but I agree using switches does make it easier and saves a lot of wiring. Marklin use decoders for switching their turnouts so no wiring with current coming from the track to the computer.

Good choice for the lighting which although the bulbs take up more power the LEDs will flicker without a rectifier.

Your father will be very pleased with the layout I am sure.

P

Polux

\ said:
Marklin use decoders for switching their turnouts so no wiring with current coming from the track to the computer.
It's true...the C-System by Marklin is magnificent :smiling3:

Is my option for the next layout!

Thank you very much for your help and comments ;)

Polux

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Hi all.
I am starting the light’s installation on the finished houses. I will try with this kind....if it not works, I will try Leds or others.

View attachment 140544

I had done a new piece. Seems not much, but I have a major area on the village zone.

I failed on the station building....is so big, so I will change for a smaller one :confused:

View attachment 140545

Thanks for looking

Polux
You'll be buying a lot of black cartridge paper to line those buildings nad reduce light bleed!

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
This is looking really very good Polux....... I'm not really a train type person. But your work on this is very impressive.