Richard's Layout.

P

Polux

Hi all.

The “Richard’s Layout.” is my new train layout project. (Richard is the name of my father)

Maybe, some of you know I have an actually current project, is an HO outdoor layout, which I’m building with my father. Anyway, seems this one is a long, long one... :P

My father is “OK”, but during this month (December), he wills entry to the operating theatre. My intention is finish it when he arrives at home...and have a good recovery playing with it!!

As I’m looking for a “fast build” I choices a different and smaller scale, the N one (1:160) and the layout is a pre-built item by NOCH.

This is the Digitales Starter Set by Fleischmann (Item 931486).

The set contents the Fleischmann MultiMaus (is a “simple” copy of the Central Station by Marklin...), three good wagons and one diesel locomotive class 212 with DCC decoder. The track is built using the System Fleischmann Piccolo.

DSC_1714.JPG

The base of the layout is this “kit” by NOCH (Item 83870 “Staufen”). The base comes without any track and buildings. Only contents the necessary bridges. After a fast look, is a simple base....but you can add all kind of complements and repaint the bridges, stone walls and streets for a good final result ;)

330-838702_gr.jpg

Well....I will invert, every day, many hours as I can on this project! Is important that the layout should be finished at his back ;)

Anyway will try to post the step by step guys!

Thanks for looking

Polux

N

noble

Iam not a model railway enthusiast, but that just looks cool polux.

scott

D

demon

Nice hope all goes well with your father and very nice of you to do this for him all the best my friend

Roger

B

Benhur

Nice set. My layout is Marklin 18' x 8' and took about four years to build and is still not finished. With HO you get a better choice of building kits which are easier to build with more detail. I use the Marklin Central Station. Modelbahn Lippe is a great shop to deal with and lower prices than most.

Look forward to seeing how it goes but with the buildings etc this will take several months.

P

Polux

The base comes simple.....and the kit contents the necessary bridges, some instructions sheets (tracks, electrical installation), a catalogue and one DVD (contents three different “How to...”).

All the set looks resistant and is really light.

Really I recommend it.....is a good one!

DSC_1782.JPG

DSC_1780.JPG

DSC_1786.JPG

DSC_1789.JPG

DSC_1798.JPG

P

Polux

Forget....this will be the track!!!

DSC_1779.JPG

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I do real like this one,what a lot of fun for you,

and a lot of work as well,but a great idea,

and even add people as well, ;)

B

Benhur

Noch do extensions for some of their bases. However try to add a siding at one end even if off the base to allow the layout to grow at a later stage. I see you have a Vollmer kit. They made great kits but I think they have gone bust. Where possible I would avoid the laser cut kits and stick to plastic. Go for as much lighting as you can for all the buildings and station platform lights. I only do HO stuff and will look at my Faller catalogue to see what they do in N.

D

Deleted member 3568

Wow, what a kit and with your skills it will look amazing.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It looks great. I've always liked layouts, maybe when I retire (assuming I ever get there) I'll build one.

P

Polux

I have a dilemma now...

DSC_1778.JPG

DSC_1807.JPG

On the first photo you can see the original one....and on the second one, the version repainted. On my photo the light is so high, and some washes are not visible....anyway I copied the same colours, so the difference is minimum!!

And now I’m just wondering if is it necessary to repaint all the buildings?

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good with the work your done already, ;)