Steven
Nice progress Richard ! :thumb2:
That masking looks like a pain but I'm sure it will spin great :smiling5:
Cheers, Steven

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Steven, thanks. Ya...this small fella consumed more masking tape than my Sea Hawk. :smiling6:

Early morning progress on Labour day. I am at least 7 hours ahead Greenwich time so have literally passed the deadline.

T21.jpg

Nearly there...still with masking on for coat of varnish to seal the decals in.

T22.jpg

Some would say this is finished but for me there is still the wingtip lights and weathering to go but for the GB I would say that's it done. I'll find the time later to continue and will spend the rest of the holiday catching up with TV programs that I have missed...hmmm let's see what's the latest in sports...premier league soccer...badminton, hockey, tennis?

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Richard stunning work and the modification well :thumb2:never seen it done on a egg plane before.
Sorry I missed most of your build mojo gone that's why Ian's been running the GB, I hope you enjoyed it and thank you for taking part, by the way it doesn't end until the 31st of May.
Pete.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Oooh really Peter...so it's off to the work bench(hangar) then. Thanks for the comments. Apart from the modifications, it was an easy build. Because it's a snap fit kit the parts almost fit perfectly.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
That is an excellent result. All your skill and experience thrown at a "toon" kit has made something quite special.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Jim, with discovering that the GB actually ends 31st of May I can take a slow stroll with the weathering. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Promised to show a working propeller shot...here it is...

T23.jpg

The little fella with some light wash and matted down.

T24.jpg

Checking behind the ear whether it's washed properly

T25.jpg

That's it all done. Will take it to Penang with me for the show there this end June and put it amongst the Toon builds section.
This has been quite enjoyable and challenging at the same time. This is the first GB here that I have finished way ahead of time. Thanks for the support and comments. I'll take some nicer shots for the completed section.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Guys...Ralph, Ian, Stuart, Paul and Jim for the festoon of comments.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Fernando. I enjoyed this build because of the motor challenge. Just purchased more motors tinier than the one used here.

Cheers,
Richard