Richy C , FW190-D9 GB Finnished, with some history

R

Richy C

LTN THEO NIBEL , FW190 D-9

Based just North of Brussels January 1945

Ltn Nibel chose to attack a twin engined plane , As he lined up for a strafing run , his FW190 was hit by rifle fire , Nibels engine lost power then suddenly cut out , Nibel was able to make a safe forced landing , and was promptly captured by Belgian police along with his FW190 D-9 , the 1st intact sample to fall into allied hands,

A Belgian resistance fighter claimed that it was his rifle shot that downed Nibels 190 , when the engine was examined , there were no bullet holes but a partridge clogging up the radiator , Legend has it the partridge was used by the Belgian resistance to ferry messages .

with the base I`ve tried to give it the grassy muddy frosty look you might get in January , hope you approve gents its been good fun , finally a thankyou to Graham who has looked after this GB

Right then what we doing next boys

Cheers

Richy

View attachment 15583 View attachment 15584View attachment 15585View attachment 15587View attachment 15588View attachment 15586View attachment 15589

View attachment 23877

View attachment 23878

View attachment 23879

View attachment 23880

View attachment 23881

View attachment 23882

View attachment 23883

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

Nibel_d-9.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi richy , let me be the first (in a long line no doubt!) to say congrats on a superb job! I just love the quality of your build and i always like to read a bit of background info especially when its really entertaining like in this instance, im going with the allied partridge theory!!! Once again ,well done ,i love the base too, 5 stars from me , cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
She's a beauty! Well done. I do like a nice Fw190 and here's another one.

Did you know that the partridge story took an extraordinary twist due to some mis-translations. Nibel was undoubtedly downed by a bird strike. Some sources claim he hit a pheasant (rather than a partridge),this became a peasant in some versions,published in a country I shall not name,meaning he was flying so low he clobbered and killed an unsuspecting Belgian farm worker! Utter rubbish of course.

Cheers

Steve

D

dubster72

Excellent work Richy, you've built the FW really well & the paint and weathering are 1st class. It looks very realistic. The base is simple yet effective, displaying the plane to good advantage. That's one you should be really proud of. Just put it next to your SAS jeep to see how far you've come & how your skills have improved! Well done mate

N

noble

Richy i have to agree with what has been said before beautiful work and a lovely clean build, the base is simple yet effective so you can also have five stars from me too.

scott

F

Fenlander

I really think you guys have all pulled out the stops in contributing to this GB. Richy, your contribution is up there at the top of quality builds. Lovely looking aircraft, gorgeous paintwork, blending has worked very well. As a fan of the 'Scenic base' I do agree that it helps set of the model, nice touch with the tyre tracks. I agree with the 5 star rating to. I am just glad that this GB was never to be a competition, it would have been near impossible to pick a winner anyway.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Yet another smasher to add to the GB. Nice one Richy.

If that partridge was supposed to be 'working' for the allies, could we consider it to be a Kamikaze Partridge?

Gern

R

Richy C

Thankyou for the kind and positive comments gents , I still class myself as a novice , my limited skills have come on leaps and bounds since becoming a member of scalemodels by learning and picking up tips from you guys , the FW190 is a far from perfect but it came out better than I was expecting to be honest , it was good fun and a great learning curve , I`m already looking forward to the next GB , no matter what it is you can count me in.

Cheers

Richy

C

Caledonia

Richy, That ain't no novice work - EXCELLENT WORK superb paint and weathering. Cheers Derek

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I can't add to whats already been said Richy but i'll give to a go, WOW mate, cracking 190 five stars from me.

Have fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
clean simple and very effective. Well done Richard.

Pheasant, partrige, what ever! After it had gone through the FW's prop and then the cooling fan I think we can just call it Paté. Poor birdie.

I too am getting to like the simple base type display. You got the muddy grassy frosty look quite nice there!

5/5

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent Dora 190 Richard and thanks for the history behind it. It's always great to hear the stories behind the man and machines and adds something to the models I think.

Nice ground work and a superb finish - good work mate.

Cheers

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry for the delay in posting on your thread Richard.

Simple, but very effective setting for your excellent 190, very well done.

Cheers,

Ron