Richy C , FW190 update

R

Richy C

Hi Guys , FW190 is pretty much done - basic dio base still to do , must say in my short time back modelling this is my best model yet in my eyes ( learnt loads from you guys ) , still need to tone down exhaust port dust on it and a few other bits , my only 2 gripes are - the lower main body should be lighter and the underneath body seams could be better ( weathering showed up a few cockups by then it was to late ) apart from that I`m very happy and will take a lot more experience into my next aircraft build ,

I`m not signing this one off yet , as above still the base to make and add a bit of history of the said 190

any comments welcome good or bad

Cheers Richy

View attachment 14769View attachment 14768View attachment 14771View attachment 14770

View attachment 23230

View attachment 23231

View attachment 23232

View attachment 23233

IMG_3108..jpg

IMG_3113..jpg

IMG_3096..jpg

IMG_3117..jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looks very nice Richy,the colours look good to me. Is it the RLM 76 you are not happy with? I'm sure you are aware of the description of the underside colour of this machine but having read a lot of similar reports I assure you that it does refer to RLM 76 and yours looks good.

Looking forward to your base.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

It do look good to me to. I think you have done a stunning job n the paintwork.

RLM76 is still causing n=me headaches. Is it a grey or a light blue? I have seen pictures and models ranging from light grey to powder blue.

D

dubster72

I have to agree Richy that this is your best yet. It's excellent & looks very natural & realistic. The quality of your paintwork is spot-on & not being an expert, I think the colours work really well.

Frankly, I couldn't imagine that anyone would have anything negative to say about this 190. You should be rightly proud of what you've achieved. This & Antonios one are the top 2 so far IMHO.

Well done!

Patrick

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
This is up there with the best of 'em! Good one Richy.

Gern

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
RLM76 is still causing n=me headaches. Is it a grey or a light blue? I have seen pictures and models ranging from light grey to powder blue.
The standard RLM 76 for most of the war is a grey/blue. There are two generally accepted descriptions,in german, "Lichtblau" and "Graublau". I think they describe the same colour which is a slightly greyish blue. A good comparison is with the earlier (on fighters) or bomber/transport underside colour RLM 65 which is distinctly blue. I suspect a model with a "powder blue" underside is finished in RLM 65.

Just to add confusion very late in the war a version of RLM 76 or a new colour,depending on which author's story you buy,appeared. This had a distinctly green tinge to it ,rather like a dilute british "Sky". I simulate this by chucking a few drops of yellow into my usual RLM 76.

Don't beat yourselves up too much about exactly matching colours. They varied in production and application on the real thing and particularly late in the war these variations became more pronounced.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
top quality build richy, well done . Its a fantastic looking model, excellent finish to it, just right. Cheers tony

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Great looking finish I like it a lot.

For RLM colour list you can try this RLM Color List Lichtblau is light blue and Graublau is green blue, but there's 3 of them all look different

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi again,I don't want to submerge Richy's excellent build thread in the minutiae of RLM colours but there was only one RLM 76 (discounting the very late war version,sometimes called "graugrun" or even RLM 84.The three versions on the linked chart is stretching things a bit as the first two fall within the original 76 standard!)

The verbal description of this and many other colours varied from manufacturer to manufacturer,contractor etc in their documents. There were undoubtedly variations in the colour of the laquers produced and some authors have decided that two distinct versions of RLM 76 existed whereas others simply allow for differences in hue within the one standard. Bear in mind that the manufacturers matched the colour to sample chips (actually cards) and again without going into the detail of their construction ,life span etc you can be sure these varied, i.e the standard itself varied. Throw in shortages of raw materials and other war time supply problems and it's easy to see how inconsistencies might arise.

The RLM 76 on the chart John linked to is certainly well within the range of that colour, on my monitor towards the greyer end.

Anyway back to Richy's build!

Cheers

Steve

R

Richy C

Thankyou for the nice comments guys , No worrys from me - you carry on gents

Cheers

Richy