Richy GB - Tamiya 1/48 fw190 d-9

R

Richy C

Afternoon all , like a lot of the guys its only at the cockpit stage , even though I`ve just done a spitfire before in this scale I`m still gobsmacked how hard it is to pickout all the details , its doing my eyes in - so massive respect to the boys and girls doing the 1/72 scale,

After reading Steve`s info on pilot colours I`m going to do my pilot in a slightly different shade as with the tamiya kit there is to much of the same colour going on in the cockpit

I`ve posted a few photo`s , sorry about the poor quality ( a new camera is on the to get list )

Good luck to one and all

Richy

View attachment 14126View attachment 14127View attachment 14128

View attachment 22698

View attachment 22699

View attachment 22700

IMG_2833..jpg

IMG_2898..jpg

IMG_2906..jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I've seen this kit before, now then................ where was it? Looking good Richy, just do me a favour please mate. Check the lower part of the wing is not bent, mine was and i have a headache now as i didn't notice it until i started glueing.

John

R

Richy C

Yep got the same problem John (see photo) compared to some of the other guys kits in the gb its not to bad TBH mate then again its not something you expect from a tamiya kit , thanks for pointing it out, I`m not that far so will try to get round it , hope you get round the problem as well if you find a magic formula let us know mate ,

pilot is done now - in the photo`s he looks well weathered but to the naked eye he looks ok ( camera is peeing me right off now ,its taken me about 20 photo`s just to get a couple of pics half good to post )

Keep us updated John

Richy

View attachment 14167View attachment 14166View attachment 14168View attachment 14165

View attachment 22737

View attachment 22738

View attachment 22739

View attachment 22740

IMG_2931..jpg

IMG_2935..jpg

IMG_2940..jpg

IMG_2936..jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
The only thing i can think of is hot water then straight into cold to keep it's shape, it should sort it out. Mine looks ok, just.

John

R

Richy C

Hello all , by my standards I`ve got loads done today even learnt what that screwey thing does on the end of the ab gun , photo`s showing 190 still drying I may give the wings another coat of dark green , the only thing that was masked was the canopy and for the 1st time I`ve ever masked a canopy I`m well chuffed how it came out (not up to Stona/Steves standards but hey) the rest was airbrushed free hand , I don`t know if it was me or the camera but the colours look a lot nicer to the naked eye

For a Tamiya kit it is not as good as it should be - Lower right hand wing had a big bow in it and their was a 1-2mm gap between the main body and the wings saying that I can`t complain to much after seeing some of the kits a few of the other lads are doing.

As normal any advice good or bad is very welcome guys

Richy

View attachment 14425 View attachment 14426View attachment 14427View attachment 14429View attachment 14428

View attachment 22911

View attachment 22912

View attachment 22913

View attachment 22914

View attachment 22915

IMG_2991..jpg

IMG_3007..jpg

IMG_3011..jpg

IMG_3016..jpg

IMG_3013..jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looks like you've cracked it Richy, outstanding work matey.

Have fun, John

D

dubster72

lol so many FW190 threads on here that I can't keep up! But this is looking really good Richy, you've put it together very well & the mottling & camo is great!

Patrick

R

Richy C

Thankyou guys , John I don`t like big decals either after reading your gb post about them being a mare if you don`t mind I`m going to ab mine as well if thats ok

Hi Patrick , still can`t believe your not in pal , with the quality of your work you would be up there with the best of them , your one of my mentors mate , GB`s need guys like you ,

Richy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
looking good richy, especially like the paint job. Youve done a great job of masking the canopy too , keep it up ,cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good that Richard. Nicely painted.

Looking forwards to seeing what my D9 should look like. Its certainly going to be easier to build now I know all its problems...

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Coming along nicely that is. That canopy looks good,I told you it wasn't hard to do with a nice sharp blade lol!

Cheers

Steve

D

dubster72

\ said:
Thankyou guys , John I don`t like big decals either after reading your gb post about them being a mare if you don`t mind I`m going to ab mine as well if thats ok Hi Patrick , still can`t believe your not in pal , with the quality of your work you would be up there with the best of them , your one of my mentors mate , GB`s need guys like you ,

Richy
Thanks Richy but I wouldn't have the time or the skill to do a decent job! But it's interesting watching everyone else do their ones.

Patrick

R

Richy C

Thanks for the nice comments gents , got a coat of klear on this morning and have just finnished the decals , having the same kit as John/Centurion and seeing the problems John had with the tail end big decals I opted for Teo Nibel`s 190 which does not have any tail end markings, Yeh I know lads I`ve taken the easy option but this aircraft still has the curly wurly decals on the prop nose that will test me big time

I`ve found a little bit of history on the said 190 with I will post when finnished , so far its been very enjoyable to build I must say.

Richy

As always guys comments good or bad are welcome

View attachment 14445View attachment 14447View attachment 14448View attachment 14446

View attachment 22929

View attachment 22930

View attachment 22931

View attachment 22932

IMG_3040..jpg

IMG_3046..jpg

IMG_3050..jpg

IMG_3045..jpg

D

dubster72

You've done a great job with the painting Richy-tbh I think it's the best one so far.

Patrick

F

Fenlander

Lovely paint job and the canopy looks superb as the pilot is so clearly visible, very realistic look to it, (don't mention this to anyone else but if I send mine over primed, will you finish off for me?????) I would be seriously be very happy if mine turned out as good as this.

R

Richy C

Cheers Patrick your to nice pal as for the best yet I`m not so sure about that one mate lots of great work going on , what I will say is with my limited modelling skills I`m very happy so far , still got to give it another klear a bit of weathering to pick out the paneling and tone down the white decals then re-mask the canopy (only cockup todate & not looking forward to that I must say) then a final coat probably going for a matt finnish , this specific aircraft was around in Belguim in January 1945 so will make a basic grassy muddy snowy dio base as well.

Richy

R

Richy C

Hi Graham , the clear photo`s are down to you mate (great advice if we ever meet the beers are on me pal) as for my work so far (after a 20yr break NO I have not been inside) which amounts to - 1/35 scale miniart house a few figures dio , a 1/48 spitfire , half done Ardennes dio (which I will finnish fellas promise) half done matilda and quad truck, thats it mate so if I was you I would not trust me with anything , saying that its still nice to get praise shows I`m going in the right direction ,

Richy