Rick’s 1/48 Tamiya F-16, Arkansas ANG

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking good rick , is this the Tamiya boxing with all the stores included?

Yes Tony. It’s the Block25/32 version. The AR ANG version is heavily tooled up for action, I hate doing weapons so is a real drag. The kit I have was gifted by a local Models4heroes group and came with an Eduard cockpit etch but two of the LGB’s had been snaffled so I obtained the excellent AMG US ordnance set for replacement - what a beautiful kit...and they’re just bombs and missiles!

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Very nice Rick,
I built this during the first lockdown..( I think there's pics on here ).. really enjoyed doing it as well.. apparently, the 1/48 is a scaled down version of their 1/32...

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking really good, I have one sat in the build queue with some additional bling
It’s a kit that goes together well as long as you pay attention to details, unlike me; oh, and the dreaded seam on the canopy. This isn’t to my usual taste in subject matter but it was given to me free and it does look cool in these markings and weapons load.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
I managed to polish out the seam line using my wife's nail buffer thingy, then a quick dip in future..ta da !!! no seam and a clean looking canopy..