Rick’s 1-87 Mil MI-24D Hind SDV model

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Chris, at this point I just want it out of the way.......will soldier on to completion if it don't tie knots in me tail!! ;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I understand where your coming from but it was a great Camo job. Bring on the next Rick H. Subject to build

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Landing gear and ordnance in place......need to add a couple of fragile details and paint them. After that we are looking at a gloss coat where the decals will sit.........and the torture never stops :tongue-out3: I borrowed one of Pete's helpers to keep this build moving along.P1012191.JPGP1012192.JPGP1012193.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Cool!!!

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I’m glad you didn’t bin it. Such beautiful Camo job on this Rick. I would hate to see it go. Looks great

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Guys, I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying this little "beast"........Kevin is there with his HEAT Gun just in case things don't go well. I've just hit it with a gloss coat so will get decals on it later today or tomorrow. :thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That is really cool Rick. Armaments looking good and I too am glad you didn't bin it. I do have a question though.....In which store in Haight Ashbury did you buy the masks for it in 1967???.............Bring it on home now Buddy!!!

Peace um, Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Landing gear and ordnance in place......need to add a couple of fragile details and paint them. After that we are looking at a gloss coat where the decals will sit.........and the torture never stops :tongue-out3: I borrowed one of Pete's helpers to keep this build moving along.View attachment 453032View attachment 453033View attachment 453034
Looking superb there Rick,I love it!!:cool:
Just a thought though.....That Dark Green behind the Cockpit,in the last pic,looks VERY much like a Gecko`s "Paw" print!!:tears-of-joy: ....
... I do love my Lizards:nerd:
Excellent build though Buddy... Cracking work:thumb2:
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Leap'n Lizards!!!......I see it now! That was purely accidental, as I just rolled me "Silly Putty" out as flat as I could on the cutting board and away I went with the hobby knife. Funny how things turn out Andy. ;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
That's looking fine. Love the 'gecko paw print' camo. All the positive comments show your decision to continue was the right one. The decals will really bring this to life.
Jim

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This has turned out excellent Rick. Even more so considering the scale! :smiling:
John.