Rick’s 1-87 Mil MI-24D Hind SDV model

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This one has reached the end of the line with me..........not real happy with it , but it is a first (and probably last) attempt at a whirly, twirly, wingy thing. I'll try and get some better shots of it and post it up in the comp. GB thread. Thanks for all the input and encouragement along the way.P1012194.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
This one has reached the end of the line with me..........not real happy with it , but it is a first (and probably last) attempt at a whirly, twirly, wingy thing. I'll try and get some better shots of it and post it up in the comp. GB thread. Thanks for all the input and encouragement along the way.

View attachment 454114
No complaints from me Rick, especially for a first attempt. I keep forgetting how small it is.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Gotta agree with the lads here Rick..
.... Nothing wrong with that at all mate,you have to bear in mind that it's your 1st attempt, the fact that helicopters are notoriously tricky,AND the scale of this one !!
I think the overall paint job and finish is great :smiling3:
Well done buddy!
Andy

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Nice Rick, Very nice indeed!!! "Straight out of Haight in '68 and far out man". Did the kit come with more armaments or only the few you've added? These were usually armed to the teeth.............

Prost and 'er
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks To All of you for the nice comments.......Still waiting on glue to dry on the main rotor install. Once I can handle it, I'll take a few more pics for the GB thread and Yes Chris it does have stars on it......just barely visible behind the left wing. Allen, there are more armaments ........just ran out of patience.......might stick more on later. Glad you all stopped by.
Rick.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice Rick, Very nice indeed!!! "Straight out of Haight in '68 and far out man". Did the kit come with more armaments or only the few you've added? These were usually armed to the teeth.............

Prost and 'er
Allen
Now I know why I like that Camo scheme I was born in ‘68.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great finish take a deep breath it’s over Buddy. I still like that Camo. I wonder what a VW bus would look like painted in that Camo. I hope you will try another “Wingy” in the future maybe a 1/72 one???

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Lee, Someone mentioned a P-51 GB at some time in the future.........if that comes to pass, I'll probably do up my 1-87 scale Mustangs for that build, but NO 1-72 scale, as it just won't fit on my work bench.......way too Big!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out::smiling5::thumb2:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Someone mentioned a P-51 GB at some time in the future........
I’m pretty sure that will happen if I can get enough people. That would be great to see you build one in 1/87 scale. About mid June I’m going to announce a proposal for a Mustang (Aircraft) GB. I keep looking at all my Mustangs in my stash and having a hard time to choose one but I’ll have a definite one by the time proposal time for a GB. I just can’t get get the mojo to build a Whirlybird yet.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well you've done it buddy, and it looks ok as well . At least you succeed doing it where as my attempt in the black art of working in a small scale ended in the bin!

Matron and the committee were impressed , Matron however has offered to give you something much stronger to achieve the floaty feeling " far out man " !

In the meantime it's a well deserved,
The Dogs_0.jpg THE DOGS 2 MOD.png
Cool man .