Rick’s Tamiya 1/350 HMS Prince of Wales

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A nice strong cup of tea No milk or sugar, and those decks will be soon sorted. Just don't swamp the decks.
I do think a WAR CANOE looks so much better with a red hull.

Last edited:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just noticed the Vallejo cleaner. If you want I can give you the Vallejo model color numbers for Royal Navy paint colours.

I’ve been using Tamiya paints on this build though, I find them a bit more robust when handling a model, especially such a big piece.
The only other ships in my stash are a USN Fletcher class destroyer and the ancient HMS Fearless so that would be handy for future builds.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Rick would love to see you build HMS FEARLESS as she was a grand ole ship an she had a sister ship as well but i cant remember its name
ATB
Chrisb

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick

Apologies, missed the start of this. That's coming on very nicely indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
HI Rick would love to see you build HMS FEARLESS as she was a grand ole ship an she had a sister ship as well but i cant remember its name
ATB
Chrisb
If you mean the LPD (Landing platform dock) of that name Chris, the sister ship was HMS Intrepid.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
If you mean the LPD (Landing platform dock) of that name Chris, the sister ship was HMS Intrepid.
Pete
YES thats the name many thanks Pete could have looked it up on wiki but i like to try an rember R/N SHIPS
chrisb

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s looking really crisp and clean so far Rick. Lovely accurate work.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
ATB
Chrisb

Yes, her sister ship was Intrepid. I’ve been looking at how to modify Fearless as I believe they had some differences. I want to do Intrepid because she was the ship 3 Para assaulted Port San Carlos.