Rick's 1-87 Roco/Komo SU-100's

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I thought I'd do a pair of these since I have two in the stash.....one will be a captured ("Beute") Kraut vehicle and the other will be the traditional Rooskie version with the appropriate number of hitch hikers.....obligatory starting shot.......sorry no box art on these and they are not very detailed models so lots of scratchy will be employed to get at least a crude representation. Rick H.P1012012.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Lee, yeah now that they're all painted up those hitch hikers have been hanging around my hobby bench waiting for the next bus....think I'll do the Rooskie TD first just to get them out of the way. ;) Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee, yeah now that they're all painted up those hitch hikers have been hanging around my hobby bench waiting for the next bus....think I'll do the Rooskie TD first just to get them out of the way. ;) Rick H.
Nice choice I’m looking forward to it. I kinda went back to the 1/48 Tamiya kit because I might add some Tamiya figs to go with it.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Alright!.......I'm no longer "incarcerated".....so on with the build. Progress has been slow but steady. I managed to first remove all the molded in grill and screen work on the engine deck....it will all be replaced with PE to resemble as close as possible thisT-34 deck of my years ago attempt at getting something better than a "Toy" model in 4BO.P1012060.JPGP1012059.JPGP1012061.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Gerry, been down this road before. It was years ago but I did make some notes on the T-34 build and it helped to refer to them, as I had forgotten some of the steps I took with that project. Thanks for commenting. Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
How on earth do you attempt those cut outs Rick, and end up with them so neat ?
Front row seat please .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you all so much for your comments........in a nutshell.......Years and years of working to a thousandth of an inch....both in Aviation sheet metal and later on in the Telecommunications industry, fabricating computer chassis and disc drive housings etc., during my layoff from Aviation. Paul, The Grills came from Details Associates PE set for the G.E. 40-B locomotive, set # is GR 2718 they fit without modification. The rear screen is an etched sheet Mfg. by ABER p/n S01 it is .006" thick, very fine mesh and I bought it in the '90s......still have about 4 sq. inches left from a 12 sq. in. sheet. :smiling: Rick H.

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Alright!.......I'm no longer "incarcerated".....so on with the build. Progress has been slow but steady. I managed to first remove all the molded in grill and screen work on the engine deck....it will all be replaced with PE to resemble as close as possible thisT-34 deck of my years ago attempt at getting something better than a "Toy" model in 4BO.View attachment 445362View attachment 445363View attachment 445364
Wow is all I can say Mr. H. I swear that second pic looks like it could pass for a 1/35 scale. Excellent work and weathering especially in this scale.