Rick's 1-87 Roco/Komo SU-100's

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Those look rather better than what you started with. Especially getting rid of those hugely overscale hinges makes for greatly improved models.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Tim and Jakko, I just hope I'll be able to do something similar with the tracks.......not been successful at finding some aftermarket replacements...."Stalin's Highway" (mud) may be a possibility though.
Cheers,
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Got paint and decals on these and working on placing final details, then I need to start the weathering process. Still have not finalized on what to do about these hideous tracks.......tried and failed at the Marlow method......not be cause it was a faulty process, I just did not have a quality pair of tracks to work with. This is what happens when one attempts to make models from toys!!:confounded: Rick H.P1012125.JPGP1012126.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Got paint and decals on these and working on placing final details, then I need to start the weathering process. Still have not finalized on what to do about these hideous tracks.......tried and failed at the Marlow method......not be cause it was a faulty process, I just did not have a quality pair of tracks to work with. This is what happens when one attempts to make models from toys!!:confounded: Rick H.View attachment 449021View attachment 449022
Rick don’t beat yourself up it still looks good

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Not a chance Lee....I could throw rocks at these and they'd look better for it! I just don't know what they were thinking when they ( the Rooskie) we're designing these. Wait till you see the tracks! I'm definitely going to have to hide 'em with some mud!
Thanks fer stopping by and having a look see. Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good to me as well Rick. Texture is nice on the armoured plate :thumb2:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Not a chance Lee....I could throw rocks at these and they'd look better for it! I just don't know what they were thinking when they ( the Rooskie) we're designing these. Wait till you see the tracks! I'm definitely going to have to hide 'em with some mud!
Thanks fer stopping by and having a look see. Rick H.
Rick you have to remember in this scale Millitary tracks never look right quit sweating it the top hull looks good you did a great job on it I’m sure it will distract the eyes from the tracks BTW I’ve seen you make tracks on here before Hint.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi All, Sorry for the long pause......here are some shots of the tracks painted up and lightly weathered. I got the decals on and decided to copy the pic. on page 55 of Panzer Colors vol. 1. so my captured SU-100 is numbered 212 to make it
"somewhat" historically accurate. I also decided it needed a human touch, so driver's hatch open and we have a "student" driver learning the ropes of the less "refined" Rooskie tracked vehicle. Still have antennas. tow cables and head lights to install after the paint work is completed, then weathering and finally I'll load up # 434 with the "Hitchhikers" and its off to the Front!P1012130.JPGP1012133.JPGP1012132.JPGP1012134.JPGP1012135.JPG

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick very impressive in this scale as always glad this build is going your way now. It actually look like it could pass for a bigger scale

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Everyone for the kind words.....it's been a while getting to this point.......I just hope I can do something convincing to the tracks so as to pass them off to be a little more realistic......even thought about a small base with tall grass (like out on the Russian Steppes) to "hide" 'em. :tongue-out3::tongue-out2::thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Jim, You are the second one to remark about the scale......strong praise for such a "little thing" I am humbled and encouraged at the same time, to stick with it. Thanks for the kind words Sir.:thumb2: Rick H.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
The details are definitely worthy of a larger scale - looks great, and really hard to believe that they are so small!!