Rick's 1/87 Scale Daimler Benz 6500 Kitbash-Completed

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee.....did you put JR up to this? I'm wondering if he's feeling guilty 'bout knicking my coat? :tongue-out3: :thumb2:
No. Sorry Rick The Race Towers Committee is in charge of the “Dogs Award” and do you honestly think JR feels guilty about anything lol.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Wow Andrew, I was unaware that I had my own Junior fanclub!!.....Pass on my appreciation to your young man and wish him a Happy Holiday for me.:smiling3:
Morning Rick

Message duly passed on!! I should have added that he thought it was "very long".....

Looking back at it, I think he probably meant out of proportion. I noticed at the time that the engine cover seems out of proportion to the rest of the vehicle. Did it have a particularly long engine? Or is this a case of the cab being more directly behind the engine, gearbox and the like, than more raised as you often see?

Again great work!!

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Andrew, I'm not sure why they were built in this fashion, the engine was an inline six cyl. If not mistaken, of about 110-150 hp. Thanks for the comments. Rick H.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The engine was 12.5L diesel (BIG) and the effort to keep the wheelbase/turning circle and overall height reasonable as well as some weight over the front axle to aid traction were my thoughts about the design. Can't find any substantiation for these thoughts.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Those thoughts are probably right in there Paul, I do have a ref. for the wheelbase at 16'3/4". With the overhang at both ends the O/A length was around 30-31ft......as you say the turning circle would be greatly reduced. :thumb2: Rick H.