Rick's 1/87 Scale Roco/Komo Zis.-5 for Mr.T

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick

Apologies for behind on this. Looking very good indeed!!

ATB

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Gentlemen, for the nice comments and suggestions. I hope to be finished with this in a few days time and the tips you have passed on should prove to be useful. Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick.
Can't quite get my head round a Russian truck with German flag on it, suppose it show they had good taste.:smiling2::smiling2: Looks good though and we have to remember the scale you work in as well so even better.
That wrapper Cadburys ?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Actually JR, it is Lindt (other brands are available)......it measures .003" or .08 mm thick.....very thin and tears easily if not handled carefully. I guess you didn't notice the SS number plates......the Germans used anything with wheels that ran, as they were desperately short of wheeled transport. I have more than one photo of Rooskie equipment with German flags and markings on them. Thanks for stopping by and the fun comments. Rick H.P1011577.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Got some Flat Lacquer in the flag today and when that cures I shall attempt to give it a neutral grey wash, as suggested by Andy the "Paint Guy".........will post up pics. when I get some results worth sharing. Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No have to admit I didn't spy the plates Rick, sorry .:upside:
Lindt arh have heard of it, thanks for that .

D

Deleted member 7181

I think that's worked really well Rick.

Toned it down a little, taking the edge off the brightness, but it still pops out as you would expect.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you very much for your comments Gentlemen and thanks to Andy for a tip worth remembering for future bright items that may need to be calmed down a little.....I'll now get a little bit of clear flat over the top of that to seal it and get on with the pigments to dirty things up a bit. Glad you all stopped by. Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Keeping up to your high standards. Happy thanksgiving

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Lee, good to hear from you and glad you are liking it. I have been doing a brown weather wash on the tarps to dirty them up a bit. Should be getting a coat of clear flat lacquer on everything tomorrow. I'll post up some pics. when things dry out.
Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good Rick indeed. This week look great once finished.

ATB

Andrew