Rick's Airfix 1/24 Hawker Hurricane MK1

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Rick

The office looks great and the kit looks nice to put together. Looking forward to the progress on the Hurri.

Cheers

P

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
At least it's easy to fix Rick. Nice rounded edges, no panel lines to worry about on the tips.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Got the wings closed up and sanded the leading edges then a touch of primer when they are fitted to the fuselage to see if they are smooth.

If anyone is building one of these I recommend filing the attachment tabs of the tail planes to make then fit the slot on the tail, they are too thick.

View attachment 107313

View attachment 107314

View attachment 107315

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Does anyone have part number 1 for this kit going spare? It's the bit the exhausts are mounted to if you are not building the engine for show.

Thanks.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
What is the disc on the the thin strap next to the left hand shoulder strap and which way should it be formed? The instructions from Eduard are not clear.
A good question and I'd love to know the answer. I understand how the 'quick release' system on a Sutton harness held all the straps together...like this:

View attachment 114288

But have never seen that disc thing on any surviving examples.

Cheers

Steve

sutton%20pin_zpszc70absd.jpg

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Some more work today with the exhausts being fitted with the replacement part from Airfix. I used part of the engine gearbox for the propeller mount that has been partly assembled ready for priming and paint. The gap between the two frames forward of the cockpit are nothing worry about, these will be closed up or covered by the cowling.

And I got the paint needed from SNMStuff this week.

View attachment 114348

View attachment 114349

image.jpg

image.jpg

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
I don't think much of this pre-shading malarkey
I also have trouble with it Rick. Post-shading is probably a better way to go. Dave, Steve, Barry and others have had some fantastic finishes using post shading.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I use both pre and post shading and, I have to say Rick, that preshaded underside is looking good to me. A panel-line wash will set that off a treat.