Rick's "Cobbled" Kfz. 70 M.B. L1500

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Gerry, I'm looking forward to getting this one finished so I can get back to the Truck I mentioned above. Who knows, I might get the truck done first. :tongue-out3: :tongue-out3::thinking: Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Morning Rick

Apologies for behind on this. Simply outstanding work at such a small scale.

Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It just blows me away that model makers in 1-87 scale have largely ignored this truck that was produced by the thousands for the Wehrmacht..........what are they thinking??? Rick H.
That’s easy: “It’s not an Opel Blitz or Mercedes, I’m not going to sell enough.”

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Yes, but how many were they going to sell in 1/87 anyway? I would think that a decent kit in that scale will be hoovered up by the cognoscenti as much as anything else.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Gerry, I actually think that bouncing back and forth between builds can keep the MOJO up and that way if you are waiting on putty or paint to dry you have something going to keep yourself out of mischief. :thumb2:
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
G'day Tim, Yep...it turned out ok, now I have to make it look like it has been in the war....hope I can pull it off. As to what you and Jakko were refering to....most of the 1-87 scale stuff out there is small batch, even the large companies will do short runs and then re introduce them down the road to keep sales up...I have seen this happen more than a few times over the years. Thanks for dropping by. Rick H.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry, I actually think that bouncing back and forth between builds can keep the MOJO up and that way if you are waiting on putty or paint to dry you have something going to keep yourself out of mischief. :thumb2:
Rick H.
I did it when doing the schwimmwagen - did some bits to the dio while waiting for bits on that, but they were 'connected' so didn't distract my train of thought.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Got some detail painting done on this and a wash......still messing around with a couple of rifles for the one rack and then I'll focus on getting the windshield in, headlights. tail light, number plates and finally the steering wheel....oh and some CITB if I can lay my hands on some. Rick H. :thumb2: P1011864.JPGP1011866.JPGP1011868.JPG

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Overall length from the front bumper to the end of the rear hitch is 56.82 mm (or 2.236") Mark. ;)
Rick H.
I've got a couple of 1/100 tanks the same size as that I couldn't imagine myself doing filler work on them,just measured them for perspective! !! :surprised: :surprised:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good under paint Rick, and the wash has brought out the detail nicely.