Rick's D-Day Dakota

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Touch up with the white Rick and it'll be good to go. The Airfix/Italeri C47 has deep recessed lines I've noticed from looking at my stashed kit, this is no surprise but I'd have though the Tamiya tape would have stopped this from happening.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Touch up with the white Rick and it'll be good to go. The Airfix/Italeri C47 has deep recessed lines I've noticed from looking at my stashed kit, this is no surprise but I'd have though the Tamiya tape would have stopped this from happening.
To be fair Joe I should have been more meticulous with pushing the tape into the grooves with a cocktail stick or similar. There's a lot of touching up,of white to do though.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Along with the Xtradecal transfers these resin wheels are my only other deviation from the kit. A spray of Aluminium for the wheel hubs then the tyres will be done. I have a set for both Dakota's.

View attachment 101104

image.jpg

L

Laurie

Had the white black on my Catalina and a lot of it.

I actually scrapped away carefully the black and it worked. That was with acrylics.

Nice job and am I happy not for you Rick but for me. I make these errors so I am not as daft as I make my self out to be. ;) I think :rolleyes:

Laurie

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks neat and tidy Rick. You must be a bit tired of the old OD though by now :smiling3: