Rick's Eduard 1/48 Ethiopian Air Force Mig-21 MF

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This is my entry. I really like the look of this kit and this colour scheme, its a little different from the norm, however I'm going even more leftfield and doing it in the markings of the Ethiopian Air Force. I have three more Eduard Mig-21's in the stash so the GDR scheme will get done at some point. This is new ground for me, I've never built an Eduard kit before.

WP_20160504_13_09_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20160504_13_10_08_Pro.jpg

WP_20160504_13_11_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20160504_13_07_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20160623_15_01_01_Pro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Like it rick , ive got the slovakian weekend kit  so i think i might join this one soon , cheers tony

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Eduard kits are excellent kits, with tight fit and little room for error, but their surface detail is brilliant and in general their detail is really nice. I bet you will find this a really enjoyable experience.

Looking good so far.

John

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm a bit confused here with the cockpit decals. The instructions mention applying them to plastic but it doesn't seem clear to me if they mean the sidewalls of the fuselage moulding. I checked Patrick's build but it looks like he has used the etched metal instead of the decals

Any advice please?

image.jpeg

D

dubster72

Looks to me as if the parts marked 'plastic' aren't supplied, you're supposed to make them from plastic sheet?

I've found that Eduard often have you doing this with their AFV pe sets

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Eduard kits are excellent kits, with tight fit and little room for error, but their surface detail is brilliant and in general their detail is really nice. I bet you will find this a really enjoyable experience.

Looking good so far.

John

So far so good John. The kit has a certain feel about it, the quality is very good and the experience so far is quite a stretch from other kits I have built. There's a cerebral experience to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks to me as if the parts marked 'plastic' aren't supplied, you're supposed to make them from plastic sheet?

I've found that Eduard often have you doing this with their AFV pe sets

Ive just looked at mine patrick and i think youre right , on the weekend kits i think eduard expect you to make it yourself from plastic card . what im wondering though is what you stick the pe to if theres no side piece supplied?

D

dubster72

Ive just looked at mine patrick and i think youre right , on the weekend kits i think eduard expect you to make it yourself from plastic card . what im wondering though is what you stick the pe to if theres no side piece supplied?

Rick the pe piece is to be bent at a 90° angle. It's then cemented to the side console like so

IMG_20160725_094856.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ah i see , obviously you cant bend a decal through 90 degrees so theyve done it in 2 parts , i think i might just be able to scratch a piece !! Cheerz tony

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I just applied the decals to the fuselage side walls in the end. I tried to find a pe set for this mark but there is limited availability.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks good so far Rick. Sounds like a great kit, never had the opportunity to build an Eduard before.