Road Runner Hot Rod.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5819

Hi this is my next offering to the styrene god the Road Runner Hot Rod if you are going to build one of these there is a bit of flash but some of the seam lines are horrendous.

(I hope you don't mind me building a cartoon car in this section.)

Box art.

Parts.

Started with the air scoop by adding some missing casting lines, something like the one below.

1547998612887.png
Before.

After.

Next up is the exhaust down pipes which had very bad seam lines, removed the mouding between the two pipes using a piercing saw, added washer/nut to exh clamp.

The orange block fits inside air intake manifold.

The body bucket.

Rear axel and tras spring wich I added nuts.

The propshaft added some pivet pionts.

All parts that need painting in primer.

After looking at the model a bit closer I decided to make up some brake discs/callipers from spares box.
Rear brake discs/callipers.

Front brake discs/callipers.

Thank you for looking in.
Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Pete - Nice big, chunky parts. Great bit of relaxing therapy.
I hope you are feeling a bit better.

D

Deleted member 5819

Pete - Nice big, chunky parts. Great bit of relaxing therapy.
I hope you are feeling a bit better.
Hi Ron I'm enjoying this build apart from all the bad seam line,
As for my health it a lot better thank you for asking, on three new drugs and is working very well, let's say it's what you would say it's have street value!!!! But it's not a clue it's just to help.
Pete.

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Roadrunner and Wile E.Coyote were my favorites as a kid. Kind of nice to flash back to simpler times. Thanks Pete for taking me back.
Cheers, RickH.

D

Deleted member 5819

Roadrunner and Wile E.Coyote were my favorites as a kid. Kind of nice to flash back to simpler times. Thanks Pete for taking me back.
Cheers, RickH.
Cheers Rick glad you enjoyed the flash back, things seemed much simpler when were kids, happy days.
Pete.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I love it! Pete...you have some talent for this toon kits :thumb2:

Polux you are quite right, he certainly has some talent. Bucket loads of it, and a tidy clean bench !
John.

D

Deleted member 5819

Polux you are quite right, he certainly has some talent. Bucket loads of it, and a tidy clean bench !
John.
Hi John sorry I haven't been around I'm trying to get used to my new meds they seem to work but I keep forgetting to do things and it looks like I've got a lot of catching up on other people's builds.
Thank you for the very nice comment I'll have to reevaluate now 15% luck 75% medication 4% talent 1% bench tidying skill.
Pete.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Pete
Love this blast back to my youth. As always a neat, well thought out build.
Very pleased your health is improving and the new meds are working.
Jim

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi I won't get my observation badge either, totally missed the grill that goes inside the front of the air scoop.

Scoop, wire mesh, blu-tack

Push scoop into Blu-tack to get inprint of the mouth.

Inprint

Mark out by laying the wire mesh on the inprint.

Cut out and fit, using lead wire bend it round the same mould to mack retaining ring.

Fit ring and four fixings.

Remove all chrome parts, the way I do this is by heating the scalpel blade edge with a soldering iron (keep it handy)
you get a nice clean cut though the gate with out chipping of all the chrome it works very well on clear parts to.
Touch up with silver paint.

Thank you for looking in, back to bench tidying to achieve a higher standard.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi calling this done.

Made the base from a old PC monitor, cut off the lump in the middle, cut out and glued down the road which is 800 grade wet & dry, paint white line , added Beep Beep decal, the finished Hot Rod which had more decaals fitted than were supplied with the kit and lastly Road Runner.

The completed model on it's base.

Thank you for taking the time to have a look, I hope you like it.
Pete.