Ron does a UNIMOG

C

CDW

\ said:
ask for a trio or solo ticket wallet they give them away
This will stop me having to cut up my clear file covers for glass and the like ........ Ta muchly :smiling3:

N

noble

\ said:
This will stop me having to cut up my clear file covers for glass and the like ........ Ta muchly :smiling3:
Colin if you can't get them at home mate send me a PM and i'll send you a pile up.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the good suggestions to get over the undersized windscreen, boys. To be honest I've had enough of getting over things with this build, so an easy option was called for...

The diorama I am building for this truck and the story line dictates I don't need a screen....well, nearly! But thanks anyway for your input to help me solve the problem.

Scott, great tip for a future screen, I'll nip to my local bus station and get one, but knowing the 'Jobsworth' behind the desk he probably won't let me have one without me showing him the tickets you mention!!

Cheers,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
All the Plastic that things are packaged in these days is also a good source of windows of models, And you get some thing you can use in side. (Chicken and bacon sandwich anyone)?

Ian M

N

noble

\ said:
Thanks for the good suggestions to get over the undersized windscreen, boys. To be honest I've had enough of getting over things with this build, so an easy option was called for...The diorama I am building for this truck and the story line dictates I don't need a screen....well, nearly! But thanks anyway for your input to help me solve the problem.

Scott, great tip for a future screen, I'll nip to my local bus station and get one, but knowing the 'Jobsworth' behind the desk he probably won't let me have one without me showing him the tickets you mention!!

Cheers,

Ron
Ron if you want some pm me with your address and i'll send you some we have loads of them at work.

scott

C

CDW

Ron: A diorama where no windscreen is needed? .....oh the possibilities ..... edge of the seat time till the final piccies then :smiling3:

Scott: I think i may have the same "Jobsworth" issue as Ron locally, might drop into the scary big City and have a go ...... just be prepared for a sad, dejected PM coming your way with my address so i can take you up on your offer (your postage costs will be reimbursed of course) .. many thanks :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ron does a UNIMOG.. (The diorama)

Moderators, if you think this should be with my Unimog build or in Dioramas could you please move it? Thanks.

I thought this might be of some help to someone, so I will do a stage build of the diorama I am going to use for my Unimog in the April G.B. 'Truck with cargo'....

I am trying to build my interpretation of a typical Afghan village house.

As it was nice and sunny today, I have made a tentitive start. Not really knowing what to do as I've never built a 'house' before.lol

Strictly 'Suck it and see.'

The base is 3/8" ply and the house is built using the same method as my 'Omaha Beach' bunker in the recent Normandy G.B...

As the rough slurry I applied has dried, I have just given it all a first coat of sand coloured emulsion paint I found in my shed!

I hope you like what progress has been done today and thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 33803

View attachment 33804

View attachment 33805

View attachment 33806

April G.B. 003.jpg

April G.B. 004.jpg

April G.B. 002.jpg

April G.B. 001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Ron.

I took a vote and I agreed with myself that this should be with the rest of the build, so I have merged them. After all its all one and the same. If you feel the need to have two threads in the GB you are most welcome to build another truck :tongue-out: LOL

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the comments boys.

No problem Ian, that's fine.......Another truck? You've got to be joking!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Cheers,

Ron

N

noble

Ron mate lovely work on the building very nice work imaginative, keep up the good work.

scott

R

Richy C

nice work Ron , glad you got over the poor quality of the unimog looks pretty good to me ,

Richy

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ron

Very clever! The foam packaging really does look like a middle eastern building. In fact, when I first saw the thumb nails I thought they were reference!

Brilliant use of found everyday stuff.

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Hi RonVery clever! The foam packaging really does look like a middle eastern building. In fact, when I first saw the thumb nails I thought they were reference!

Brilliant use of found everyday stuff.

Paul
Cheers Paul, nice to see I nearly had you fooled!lol

Thanks also for everyones comments. I appreciate every one of them.

Cheers,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So I take it your group build is finished then?

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bit of an update folks,

The Unimog is more or less finished now.

It is in the paintwork of the I.S.A.F. in Afghanistan. Brush painted with Vallejo Model Colour acrylics and weathered with the same, but watered down and slurried on to the model to allow the paint to run down into the cracks and ridges.

The windscreen will follow later. Apart from quarter lights, there were no door windows or internal winders with the kit, so I presume they were not fitted to the real thing....

I'm ashamed that when compared with other offerings in this G.B., my load/cargo is very sparse.

This truck is done, the Afghan house and figures are finished so I will post the finished diorama shortly.

Here are a few pictures of the truck with load.

Thanks,

Ron

View attachment 34883

View attachment 34884

View attachment 34885

View attachment 34886

View attachment 34887

View attachment 34888

View attachment 34889

View attachment 34890

April G.B. 008.jpg

April G.B. 005.jpg

April G.B. 009.jpg

April G.B. 012.jpg

April G.B. 007.jpg

April G.B. 010.jpg

April G.B. 006.jpg

April G.B. 011.jpg

P

phalinmegob

nothing to be ashamed about there mate,it looks fantastic

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
For all the swearing and cursing, that has actually turned out very nice. In fact, I could still be tempted by one.

Great job on the paint work too.

Ian M

N

noble

I agree Ron for a kit you've had trouble with it looks spot on.

scott