Ron's Reconnaissance GB: Chat Thread

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I’ll throw a Trumpeter RA-5C Vigilante in the mix, just have to wait for the am parts to show up from the UK.
Ooh nice ! A fantastic looking aircraft the vigilante , one of my faves. Strangely the kit makers dont seem to share my enthusiasm , only trumpeter has done a couple of new ones in the last thirty years! Looking forward to this one , cheers tony

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Ooh nice ! A fantastic looking aircraft the vigilante , one of my faves. Strangely the kit makers dont seem to share my enthusiasm , only trumpeter has done a couple of new ones in the last thirty years! Looking forward to this one , cheers tony
Thanks Tony, I’ll give it a whole AM make-over even modifying the wings for the AM decals and no pe in the office hope Aires is good stuff:smiling5:.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks Tony, I’ll give it a whole AM make-over even modifying the wings for the AM decals and no pe in the office hope Aires is good stuff:smiling5:.
My experience of Aries resin is very positive fernando , beautifully detailed and not too much pouring block to sand off, cheers tony

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Always thought LAVs were recon., but would like confirmation before moving on. PaulE

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
LAV-25s are certainly used by USMC reconnaissance battalions, and if you want to make something slightly different, the US Army borrowed a couple for scout platoons of the 82 Airborne Division in the 1990–91 Gulf War.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
So who is going to jump in with the little surprise from Tamiya. A 1/16 scale full RC scorpion tank, which I believe was designed as a quick recce tank.

D

Deleted member 7181

I bet that costs a pretty penny!

I've been looking at the smaller and much more affordable AFV club Scorpion as it happens, but probably for the Animal Antics GB as I'm struggling to find anything else I fancy.

I have a couple of things in mind for this as I've got nothing to build at the moment. Will see what's still available when I get back to the UK.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Me made a mistook. Its not a Scorpion, its a Sheridan.... that rules that out...

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I've been looking at the smaller and much more affordable AFV club Scorpion as it happens
That is a really nice kit, and of course, so is the accompanying Scimitar. (If you find a Revell Scorpion, that’s exactly the same aside from the box, instructions and decal sheet, BTW.)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Me made a mistook. Its not a Scorpion, its a Sheridan.... that rules that out...
How so? Officially it was the M551 Armored Reconnaissance/Airborne Assault Vehicle.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
How so? Officially it was the M551 Armored Reconnaissance/Airborne Assault Vehicle.
I had confused myself with the animal antics GB's lol. You just go for it then Jakko

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Me? You were the one who suggested the kit :smiling3: But if you’re willing to pay for a kit for me to build, I’ll certainly consider abandoning my M114 for this one :smiling3:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I hope this qualifies as it's been an on and off try I have lost the tail wheel gear so it's likely to be wheels up.20190829_181543.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ah! I had just found one of those in the stash as well. I will find a different version than that is in the box. Or some thing else...Cant have this turn into a Mossie GB. lol

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Ha, I was going to do the MPM Spitfire PR XIX, but when I opened the box, not only had I started it - but I had also lost some bits!, So the first reserve, the Mossie was called up...........
Dave

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Before I post my choice I have found out that I had started the kit not much so I just want the go ahead before I start.SAM_0106.JPG