Ron's Reconnaissance GB: Chat Thread

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
As hardly anything has been done it's fine by me Peter.

Unless anyone objects that is, then I will be forced to write 'Sorry, No!'

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
It’s your GB Ron, so it’s your rules.

The rules of all G.B.'s state - No building until the start date. But I think Pete's is an exception, (and the only one) being an honest mistake, forgetfulness, call it what you will.....

I hope all participants are happy with my decision.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I seem to recall another GB where we had the same issue and it was, after a considerable discussion decided that if it had just a couple of parts started is ok. A loose figure was put on it but I cant recall what it was. Under 10%?

Personally I think it should be new and not started.
It could be an idea one day to have a"shelf queen" GB, where all the unfinished builds can be dug up and sorted.....Even I have a couple of those these days.

I am not saying No to Peters entry, just pointing out that others have been judged out.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Ron - I have way too many builds on the go so may as well add another to the pile

Have a couple of Miniart Dingos so will drag one out.....

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
To save any more debates I shall do the honerable thing and quietly withdraw until I can find a more suitable candidate.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Boys, welcome to the start of this G.B.
Enjoy your builds and don't forget to play nicely.

To save any more debates I shall do the honerable thing and quietly withdraw until I can find a more suitable candidate.

Thank you Peter.
Your decision will prevent any possible 'teddy throwing' in any future G.B.'s where the same question might be raised.
This draws the line under any further discussion on the subject of early started G.B. builds. (Mod. hat now removed)

Ron

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Ron
If you don’t mind I would like to change my subject. I just can’t find a paint that satisfies me for the Ventura now. I read where the Germans used Motorcycles on recon missions and I never built a motorcycle before I had this in the stash and thought about it last night thought I would give it a try thanks if this is OK I will start posting my sprue shots A4EB1894-3747-44FF-BC6B-9411D6EB1669.jpeg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Go for it Lee. Nice choice and something a bit different too.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great start to this G.B. boys.
I've been away since early this month, but I'll catch up with individual builds asap.

Ron