Ron's Tamiya 1/35 Panther Ausf. A - With home made zimmerit.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ian, Monica and Paul.
Thanks for all your excellent comments. It was great fun plonking all the 'extras' I had seen on old pictures of Panthers onto one single model.

Cheers.
Ron

T

TonyBv9

A brilliant model of a Panther on its way home from a car boot sale.

No, honestly it looks the business. Seeing your excellent Panther makes me want to go back to the half-built one I've got languishing in my drawer. I managed to snap the barrel in half while trying to straighten it. I'm looking for a brass replacement.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Tony, the first bit made me chuckle!
Thanks for the compliment too. Why waste money on a metal barrel? Glue the original one back together. Once cleaned up and painted it'll be as good as new.

Thanks again.
Ron

J

Jamiedeal26

I'll wind this up now. Thanks to those who posted during the build.
Here's the tank with bits from my spares box, plus a bit of scratch building ( The ladder and ropes etc.) All the stuff was actually on one Panther tank or another - even American Jerry Cans.

Some people might now consider it no longer is OOB. That's life, it's their choice..... As nothing on it is after market, I would like to think it still is.

Brush painted using Children's acrylics and Vallejo Model Air Acrylics.

View attachment 296176

View attachment 296177

View attachment 296178

View attachment 296179

View attachment 296180

View attachment 296181

View attachment 296182

View attachment 296183

View attachment 296184

View attachment 296185

View attachment 296186

A most enjoyable tenner's worth of kit.

Ron
Absolutely love this Ron, this is how I want mine to look, maybe in a few years once I have learnt the art abit more and can add whethering detail I will return to mine and add this detail....