Ron's Winter G.B Sniper..."Flush 'im out, now!"... A 1/72 diorama.

First Name
Andy
\ said:
Hey Ron.What you doing taking pictures of real buildings and passing them off as all your own work.
I agree with Tony, I first thought this was a building you where using as a reference, this is totally stunning Sir...

Andy...

P

Polux

Hi Ron.

Sorry, but I don't know how to say different like others... I still think it's amazing your work!!!

Really nice,belive me!!

Polux

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks fellas for all your great posts. I am really chuffed you like my model.

I must confess to really enjoying trying to make this look as derelict as I possibly can. One step away from an obsession!

I have added a few more bits, but I'm starting to break my cardinal rule (Again!).....DON'T Fiddle!

So, as far as the farm buildings are concerned, they are finished. So I will post a few pictures once the weather calms down a bit, and I can get outside with the camera.

Thanks again for looking in and posting.

Cheers,

Ron

R

Richy C

Amazing work Ron , I know its been said before but its hard to believe its 1/72 scale ,

Richy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for that Richie, glad you like it.

O.K. chaps, I couldn't resist a fiddle, so I have added some bushes, a broken mains cable to the gable end of the house and a bit more rubble.

The farm buildings and surroundings are now finished, so I can put my eyes back in their sockets for a while!

I hope you approve of the finished job....Next up I will position the sniper and the U.S. Infantry. Then as usual, crack a can of Boddingtons and have a look at the 'finished' model to see if I can do any more to it.

Here are some pictures of the completed 'Des. Res.! (In need of complete restoration but with great views)

Cheers all,

Ron

Anyone recognise the water trough?..Big prize for the first correct answer, well, a bit of fun anyway!

View attachment 40030

View attachment 40031

View attachment 40032

View attachment 40033

View attachment 40034

View attachment 40035

View attachment 40036

View attachment 40037

View attachment 40038

View attachment 40039

View attachment 40040

View attachment 40041

View attachment 40042

View attachment 40043

View attachment 40044

Winter G.B...Sniper 086.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 087.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 089.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 074.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 075.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 076.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 077.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 078.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 079.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 080.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 081.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 082.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 083.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 084.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 085.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Richy C

Wow , it looks real Ron , fantastic photography , the last photo with your hand shows how small it is , the detail work is amazing for something of this scale.

Your getting 5 stars from me already , can`t wait for the overall story to unfold

Richy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ron mate , this is just breathtaking. Not only a supreme piece of scratchbuilding but the photography is superb too. The use of a real background and the focus and perspective are excellent,plus the thoughtful little touches like the reflection of the bare rafters in the puddle , i just love it already, its a dio in its own right, even without the mesters. Im going to give you 5 stars right now , cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm actually lost for words and that doesn't happen often! Superb,I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this one.

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks ever so much for the brilliant posts chaps and the 5 star award. I am quite overwelmed by all the positive comments on this.

From Day one it's been a pleasure to read all your posts...

I only hope I can do justice to them when I post the finished 'Sniper' diorama.....no pressure then!

Thanks again,

Ron

B

Brickie

Hang on, you mean they were all photos of the model?! I thought the first few were reference photos...

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
10/10 now build me one and i will be even happier

stunning you couldn't buy that quality if you tried

geegad

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I still cant get over this one. I will say one thing though, the sniper is bloody well hidden! I have been looking for ever and still haven't found the bugger!! lol

You do make life hard for yourself Ron, How on earth are you going to top this!!!

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I can't add much to what's already been said Ron, this is truly wonderful stuff! What you shoulda done though was give up your normal 'day job' years ago and focussed on doing these to order. You woulda made an absolute b****y fortune!

Gern

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Ron.

Totally lost for words.

One question, how do fingers that big make such beautiful things.

(It's not fair that the talent wasn't shared more equally.)

Tony. Determined to do better!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well Ron, this is seriously show winning stuff in my opinion. I saw some great dio's at Telford last year and this is certainly up there with them. It's so good it nearly makes me want to have a go.

Regards

Colin M.........

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Appologies to all you good people who have posted comments this last week or so, for me not having the good grace to reply, I'm sorry....

Your comments are quite amazing, thank you.

Yes, I know I'm messing with this diorama, but me and the bride were doing a bit of gardening the other day. I went indoors to make a couple of bacon and cheese baguettes and when I returned she was weeding around a shrub. Growing out of the top of it were perfect 1/72 trees!! So I snipped them off and dipped them in green shed paint. They still need a second coat, but I reckon they pass muster......

What do you think?

We haven't a clue what the shrub is called. If we identify it I will post the name for you.

Cheers all,

Ron

View attachment 40653

View attachment 40654

View attachment 40655

View attachment 40656

Winter G.B...Sniper 093.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 090.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 091.jpg

Winter G.B...Sniper 092.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Ron, this is getting better and better.

Can't wait to see it with the figures in place.

Tony.

R

rogue-one

oh my goodness!! this is looking superb ron!! are you sure u havn't just taken photo's of a farm house from a recent trip to france and posted them up?!! lol. great work! so detailed and perfect. if my wee building can turn out half as good as that, i'll be happy.