Ron's Winter G.B Sniper..."Flush 'im out, now!"... A 1/72 diorama.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
No more progress I'm afraid, this is just an apology to my fellow modellers Tony, Bobby and Tommy for not having the manners to reply to their posts....Must try harder!!

Thanks fellas for the very kind comments, I'm just sorry it's taken a week to respond.

Cheers,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JFJ

Awesome Ron. Any bucket this time? Theres no armour here, but maybe a milk bucket?:lol

N

noble

outstanding build Ron i really love this 5 stars from me mate.

scott

B

Buttonman

Really great Dio,first ouside piccy thought it was the real house you were copying, then the lilypution pic with your shovels.

deffo 5*

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the posts boys, they make for great reading.

Had a bit of a near disaster a couple of days ago.

My son borrowed the finished dio to show my very young grandson and I received a sheepish phone call from him.....

"Er, hello dad, er, I would like to bring your model back, but Tom has been secretly playing with it and the soldiers have gone missing, I'll have a look and see if I can find them, sorry."

Yesterday...

"Hi dad, great news, we asked Tom what he had done with the soldiers and, bless him, he took my hand and led me to our fish tank and they were happily floating on the top of the water. Tom told me he wanted to feed the fishes!"

So all is well. Sorry for the lack of pictures, but it's blowing a bit outside so I can't take the model out just yet. I hope to do so tomorrow.....

I will take this opportunity to wish one and all on Scale Models a Merry Christmas.

Cheers,

Ron

T

treyzx10r

Ron,Merry christmas to you and yours. Glad to hear your lads were rescued and are now safe and sound ,really is a awesome build !Cheers Trey

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well, after their epic swim around the fish tank my boys have dried out!

So I am finally able to say this diorama is finished.

The weather is still naff, so I have had to take the pictures indoors to catch the deadline!

The pictures of the finished build will be over in the completed section of this G.B. pronto....

Thanks for all the great posts during the building of the farm.

Cheers,

Ron

K

Keith9657

\ said:
Thanks for the comments boys...Bobby, I'm looking forward to tomorrow to be able to start the build....but it will look nothing like that scene, it just gave me an idea....

Incidently, I don't know if you are aware but the bloke who was actually shot, unfortunately died from his wounds some two years after the incident.

Cheers,

Ron
Thats what I thought as well. However, after the series was shown, his family came forward to put the record straight. MSG Albert Blithe, US Army, 1942-1967

Keith

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi Keith, thanks for the input......

Like you when I watched the series, I presumed Blithe had died of his wounds.....

Luckily, fellow member flounder-al (Allyne) put the record (and me!lol) straight. Albert Blithe did indeed go on to have a very successful career in the U.S. Army.

Thanks again for posting and giving us the link.

Ron

K

Keith9657

Sorry for posting old info Ron! I must confess to a bout of laziness in that I didnt read the whole thread. Now that I have I can only echo the other comments as to the fantastic build. To quote the late Frankie Howerd, 'Never has my flabber been so gasted!'

Keith

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ron

I know I've posted on this in the completed section but I have to say these 1/72 buildings are fabulous. I actually prefer the colour shots you've posted in this thread. Also, the shot with your hand in there is a reminder of how small these buildings are. A very, very nice diorama.

As I've said, I think this one building could be the start of something bigger - could be a truly spectacular landscape.

All the best

Paul